Live hydraulic pump for 2 cylinder tractors.

I have a ‘51 John Deere B with a 45 loader. Would like to have live hydraulics. Found a pump in Facebook marketplace, it goes between distributor and drive housing. Seller does not know if it would fit my B. Question, is there one pump for all tractors ( A,B, G ) or a specific pump for every model?

I have a ‘51 John Deere B with a 45 loader. Would like to have live hydraulics. Found a pump in Facebook marketplace, it goes between distributor and drive housing. Seller does not know if it would fit my B. Question, is there one pump for all tractors ( A,B, G ) or a specific pump for every model?
One pump fits them all. A spacer and pilot sleeve was used to adapt between "short lug" and "long lug" mag applications.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/75641/referrer/navigation/pgId/47287

Thank you. Now I have to decide if I want to buy it and do the work of plumbing it into the system. It does not include any pipes or hydraulic hoses.

The same pump is used on the A,B, and G. It mounts between the governor and the mag or distributor.

The pump is supposed to be turned on with the engine not running. Many people over the years didn't know or ignored this and repeatedly turned the pump on with the engine running. Doing this eventually causes damage to the clutch collar and the shaft and as a result the pump will not stay in gear. These two parts are no longer available from John Deere. If you have the B parts catalog (PC-330) look at key numbers 17 and 33 on page 112.

See if the seller will let you return it if your inspection reveals that these two parts are damaged. If he will, I can explain how to open the pump and provide you with the John Deere Service Bulletin on installation of the pump and all the other parts that are needed. If he won't I would not buy the pump.

There is also a blocker plate the goes between the powertrol valve and the rockshaft housing. It blocks the pressure port to the old pto driven pump which is disabled when you install the governor driven pump.

There is also a blocker plate the goes between the powertrol valve and the rockshaft housing. It blocks the pressure port to the old pto driven pump which is disabled when you install the governor driven pump.
And in addition the idler gear in the original pto driven pump has to be removed.

Reactions: ET
This is the pump I've installed between the MAG and the MAG DRIVE on my Stlyed D's

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC010462_z_small.jpg
    DSC010462_z_small.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 20
  • z_DCP_0131.jpg
    z_DCP_0131.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN9961.JPG
    DSCN9961.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • DSCN9962.JPG
    DSCN9962.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
As per installed on a Styled JD "D"

Attachments

• DSCN9944.JPG
    DSCN9944.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCN9780.JPG
    DSCN9780.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • DSCN9774.JPG
    DSCN9774.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN9773.JPG
    DSCN9773.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • DSCN9949.JPG
    DSCN9949.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCN9979.JPG
    DSCN9979.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • DSCN9978.JPG
    DSCN9978.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • cvphoto28260.jpg
    cvphoto28260.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 21
  • FSCN9805.JPG
    FSCN9805.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
I have installed a couple of those pumps over the years, one on a B that didn't have a powertrol on it. The B did have a 45 loader on it. I just mounted a tank and a control valve it worked out well as long as you're not worried about everything being original type setup. that B was setup with a Charlyn PTO pump before. those pumps worked well with the 45 loader. I also put one on a A but never hooked that one into the Powertrol either. never had all the other parts, but was happy with the way they both turned out.

I never thought about using a different tank and valve, good idea bob. The other thought I had was that it would extend the distributor out another 4 or 5“ ( the width of the pump). When it is installed between the governor housing and distributor.

Moving the pump out never seemed to be a problem other than having to make new plug wires. Even installing the whole kit isn't that bad of a job I did a couple of those too. Also regarding Pete in MDs concern of the shifter mechanism being worn, I had a pump like that and I took the shifter fork out and machined a sleeve to keep it engaged at all times. that was on a A that had been converted to 12 volts and it always started. used it as a snowplow tractor in northern Mn.

The pump that attaches to the ignition
DSCN9944.JPG
cvphoto28260.jpg
drive HAS a LEVER that disengages the pump when NOT required.

Some of the ignition unites are LONG LUG dives..and some of the ignition units are SHORT drive lugs. Thus a spacer may be and at times is required..
cvphoto28260.jpg
DSCN9783.JPG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back