Looking for a combine for sale

I'm looking for a rotary combine close to Sussex nj. I might be getting into combining this year so just looking to see if there's anything available.

This isn’t how discussion forums work.

We talk about machines we have, how to operate or fix them. That can be interesting.

If you want to buy or sell something, you need to find a classified section and post such in only those areas. Not in a discussion area. It gets very dull and boring if you ask to buy and sell specific items in a discussion area.

Many times spammers will do what you did as a way to gain eatery into a discussion forum. So folk tend to just stay away from anyone that doesn’t follow this basic rule of a discussion forum.

I’d love to chat about your farm, what crops you raise and how many acres and what size combine you need, age of machine, and so on. That can be interesting.

But don’t try to make this into a wanted/ for sale area. No one likes that. Trying to sort through 50 ‘I want to buy, I need to sell…..’ messages to find an interesting one becomes very very dull.

There is a classified area, free, if you search a bit on this web site. Please use that.

Paul

This isn’t how discussion forums work.

We talk about machines we have, how to operate or fix them. That can be interesting.

If you want to buy or sell something, you need to find a classified section and post such in only those areas. Not in a discussion area. It gets very dull and boring if you ask to buy and sell specific items in a discussion area.

Many times spammers will do what you did as a way to gain eatery into a discussion forum. So folk tend to just stay away from anyone that doesn’t follow this basic rule of a discussion forum.

I’d love to chat about your farm, what crops you raise and how many acres and what size combine you need, age of machine, and so on. That can be interesting.

But don’t try to make this into a wanted/ for sale area. No one likes that. Trying to sort through 50 ‘I want to buy, I need to sell…..’ messages to find an interesting one becomes very very dull.

There is a classified area, free, if you search a bit on this web site. Please use that.

Paul

A bit harsh on the "newbie", don't you think, paul?

It's not like this subforum is so brimming with activity there wasn't room for his initial post!

Yea didn’t mean to be harsh about it. Typing long messages on the iPad, I tend to get shorter and that makes the message a little grumpier than intended.

What kind of heads will you need, corn head? Floating bean head, or straight cut small grain head? Dummy pickup head? I think your area of the country grows many different crops, not just corn and soybeans like here.

If we chat about combining, then folk can notice in the conversation you would like to buy one, and we all are happier. :)

Farming guy, hope you’re still hanging around after that small brow beating. Sounds like it was a little off the cuff. There are generally several days between posts on this forum, I really don’t think a onesie-twosie wanted/for sale post will hurt anything. Now if you come back here every two weeks with something to sell you would probably get the kabosh. Some times a round about method is used here where someone asks what is one of x machines worth or how much would you pay for xyz. Etc. My suggestion would be to go to online farm machinery auction sites like Big Iron, Auction Time, Purple Wave and Machinery Trader, not sure if the last one actually runs auctions. Often just web searching a particular make model and year of a machine you are looking for will lead you to the places I suggested.

Every now and then The Ol drill sargeant comes out in All of Us around Here ,,.. Or Dad Having a disaster Day can do it too ,... Regardless ,,. just let it roll off your back and keep strokin along ,, we got great AMERICANS to grow ..And those guys dontlet nuthin bother them too much or learn quick how to steer out of trouble ,,. BTW i have a 750 and a 510 Massey combines for sale in southern IND ,,. plenty of heads too All will run too

Every now and then The Ol drill sargeant comes out in All of Us around Here ,,.. Or Dad Having a disaster Day can do it too ,... Regardless ,,. just let it roll off your back and keep strokin along ,, we got great AMERICANS to grow ..And those guys dontlet nuthin bother them too much or learn quick how to steer out of trouble ,,. BTW i have a 750 and a 510 Massey combines for sale in southern IND ,,. plenty of heads too All will run too

I'm in Sussex new jersey
i found a 1440 in missouri for pretty cheap it will cost me more to truck it than what i paid for it. are they reliable and are parts still available for them. What corn head fits them im looking for a 4 row 30 inch.

A bit harsh on the "newbie", don't you think, paul?

It's not like this subforum is so brimming with activity there wasn't room for his initial post!
Ya sometimes this one doesn’t move for days.
I left Practical Machinist after a similar azz-reaming. Was in the wrong topic. Got 6 responses, 5 of them were jumping down my throat.

i found a 1440 in missouri for pretty cheap it will cost me more to truck it than what i paid for it. are they reliable and are parts still available for them. What corn head fits them im looking for a 4 row 30 inch.
For a 4 row 30" capable corn head, you'll need to look for a 843 , 943, or 1043 model. 800 series heads were the earlier ones that came out with the 14xx series combines and they have the bronze bushings on the snapping roll supports. The 900 series heads could have either greasable needle bearings or non greasable waterpump bearings in the snapping rolls, but a kit was produced to change them over to the better style waterpump bearings like the 1000 series heads came standard with. Also the 800 and 900 series heads utilized cast iron gearboxes and made for a heavy head. The 1000 series had aluminum gearboxes for the row units. From experience I would look for a 1000 series that already had the waterpump bearing setup as they give way less trouble, and the fluted spirals on the leading edge of the snapping rolls run closer together allowing a lot more grip to pull in down or severely wind damaged corn. Hope this helps.

The 1440 is a good machine and parts are readily available and are easy to get good results from,BUT they are kind of lightly built and are well, known for cracking their frames around the drive axle, and its my understanding the transmissions are a lighter duty unit, if I were you I would look for a 1640, 1660, or 1666, This was a better unit. There should be a great many of these units available at about the same price, and I think you should be able to find one closer than Missouri.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back