Massey 135 gas starting issue

Jlowe

New User
My Massey has been running fine until the other day. It shut off after I hit a nice bump. it fired right back up but now won’t start at all. It turns over but won’t start.

It seems like a spark or fuel issue but can’t find it.

Is there any safety switch that would allow it to turn over but not start?

I believe it is a 3 cylinder but I can check again tomorrow.

I know it’s low on pto fluid but I don’t think there is a safety switch for that.

Check for spark first, pull the center dist cap coil wire and hold it about 1/4 inch away from a metal part and crank engine, you SHOULD see a bright blue spark. If not there's ignition trouble. If you DO see a spark see if there's 12 volts at the carb electric stop solenoid if it has one, some engines use those to help stop gas engines from running on. You need to find if trouble is gas or ignition system, then repair what's gone wrong.

Hello Jlowe welcome to YT! DT did not come right out and say it but there is not a switch that would cause your problem at least in reaction to the bump. Is what he posted over your head or understandable? FYI, what you call PTO fluid is lubrication for all the transmission and drive train. It is not a good idea to run with that at a low level. Check your “Conversations” by clicking the letter or mail icon at the top. There is some other info for you there.

Thanks guys. I will check spark and advise.

I I will get fluid added. I need to replace that pto seal as well. I will get that done.

I check spark and it was arc-inc. bit me too lol.

Fired right up this morning.

I wonder if was flooded last night possibly.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back