Meyer E47 snowplow sporadically jams on rising

If it were me, I would start with electrical. Make sure connections are tight, and use dielectric grease to seal out moisture and ensure good connection. Then I would check/change oil. This would include checking or changing the oil pickup filter. Make sure it's fully seated and not plugged. As mentioned before, if there is moisture, it can turn into ice. This can plug the oil pickup filter as well. Do a THOROUGH job cleaning out the reservoir to ensure there is no more moisture before adding fresh oil.

These are the only two things I can think f that might be causing your issue.

Hello friends at Yesterday's Tractors,

With your help, I have completed the following tasks on the Meyer e47 snowplow. So far, I have not been able to recreate the 'stopping' problem, but I am awaiting the next big snowstorm.

I did try leaving the machine out and starting it again at 4am in 18F degree weather with the lights, heater and wipers on - fortunately/unfortunately the Meyer worked flawlessly...
  1. Drained the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the filters. Refilled with genuine Meyer M-1 anti-icing fluid. "Light Contamination" of the hydraulic fluid was a definite possibility and may have been the root cause of this vexing problem.
  2. Setup two circuit tester lights so I can clearly see the actual electrical situation ( main positive and coil/valve 'B' red 'riser' wire ) upon a future failure. See the photo below. Isolating the problem away from the solenoid, battery, control switches and wiring will be critical.
  3. Cleaned the electrical control connectors and applied dielectric grease.
  4. 'Bled' the system by thoroughly exercising the blade through a full range of motion.
I am very grateful for all of the help I have received from this Forum! I will keep this post updated with any future progress. Hopefully, this post will also help some other poor soul with a broken snowplow in the future... :)

Michael

Attachments

• SnowplowDiagnosticLights-2024.png
    SnowplowDiagnosticLights-2024.png
    840.3 KB · Views: 11

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back