MF 255 3 point raises by auxiliary control

Jgreen0890

New User
I have a 255 MF that I bought with hydraulics not working. I replaced the pump and it works but my 3 point controls don’t do anything and the 3 point raises when you pull the auxiliary control handle up. Any help would be appreciated. I know these masseys have a lot of goofy variations. Did I put something together wrong or is there a control issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0577.jpeg
    IMG_0577.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Try disconnecting the two hoses, then see if the three point levers work with the valve handle locked REARWARD. That's how the two spool valves work. The LEFT handle is locked back for three point, the right is for the cylinder use with the left in center and position placed in constant pumping. I've never seen the single valve used like what you have. Three point MIGHT work though with the hoses disconnected.

Well I tried that but no luck. It would work ok if you only used 3 point. I suspect this control has been replaced at some point with the wrong one.

Well I tried that but no luck. It would work ok if you only used 3 point. I suspect this control has been replaced at some point with the wrong one.
With that system you CAN'T use the auxiliary cylinder and three point at the same time. It's one or the other but never both. Question, with the aux lever locked BACK and hoses unhooked, will the three point go up/down with the three point controls?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back