MF-3165 Power Beyond Question (200 loader, adding backho

Questtut

New User
I was, after a long time looking able to find the power beyond sleeve as a NOS part, to add function for a backhoe I purchased for the tractor years ago. Now that I see how it connects, the port is a much larger line port than I expected, seems to be similar in size to the pressure line from the pump. The issue I have is the backhoe I purchased has a much smaller input and return line, and I am worried that may cause an issue with the system as a whole. I don't have a lot of knowledge about hydraulic systems, so am looking for advice on if I can use the smaller lines on the power beyond, or do I need to upgrade those to larger lines, and/or even upgrade the backhoe control bank to accommodate the need for larger lines?

Hoping someone who understands these systems better than I can help me do this correctly so I don't break anything. My family really is attached to this old tractor and I don't want to damage anything on it.

Also, when backhoe is not connected, I am assuming I need to design my lines to link in a loop to the return line, please correct me if I am wrong on that point as well.

1965 MF-3165 tractor with Continental gas engine
200 series loader and hydraulic pump system.
Backhoe is a Grizzley, don't know much more about it, has been modified by previous owner(s), obviously. Once I have my power beyond working will be replacing all lines and updating all maintenance before use.

I added a photo of the tractor (before I repainted it) and the part that I was able to get for the power beyond.[/img]
mvphoto107043.jpg
https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto107044.jpg[/img]

(quoted from post at 17:45:22 06/25/23) I was, after a long time looking able to find the power beyond sleeve as a NOS part, to add function for a backhoe I purchased for the tractor years ago. Now that I see how it connects, the port is a much larger line port than I expected, seems to be similar in size to the pressure line from the pump. The issue I have is the backhoe I purchased has a much smaller input and return line, and I am worried that may cause an issue with the system as a whole. I don't have a lot of knowledge about hydraulic systems, so am looking for advice on if I can use the smaller lines on the power beyond, or do I need to upgrade those to larger lines, and/or even upgrade the backhoe control bank to accommodate the need for larger lines?

Hoping someone who understands these systems better than I can help me do this correctly so I don't break anything. My family really is attached to this old tractor and I don't want to damage anything on it.

Also, when backhoe is not connected, I am assuming I need to design my lines to link in a loop to the return line, please correct me if I am wrong on that point as well.

1965 MF-3165 tractor with Continental gas engine
200 series loader and hydraulic pump system.
Backhoe is a Grizzley, don't know much more about it, has been modified by previous owner(s), obviously. Once I have my power beyond working will be replacing all lines and updating all maintenance before use.

I added a photo of the tractor (before I repainted it) and the part that I was able to get for the power beyond.[/img]
mvphoto107043.jpg
https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto107044.jpg[/img]
ello, I'm actually in the process of the same thing on the exact model massey ferguson. However we sourced an original mf220 backhoe that came on these models. We are in the process of repainting it at the moment and have a few bushings that need replaced and a couple pins are wore. But I have been doing a bit of searching for those beyond fittings to, did you find a good source? And did they have 3 sizes, cuz i believe there were 3 different sizes on those beyond fittings for different valve banks. Our backhoe was Frankensteined to a Ford tractor/loader. But managed to pry them apart and get the backhoe for $750 and i got the stabilizer bars for upper mounts and the lower mounting frame that attaches to the loader frame so it's a true backhoe that can also be detached for 3pt/pto work. The manual I got for it claims it can be detached in 5 mins so that's a bonus, it took us about an hour or so, but the tractor didn't run so it was a dead backhoe removal. Luckily we got someone to load it for us once we got tractor pulled out of way. I believe it weighs in around 2300lbs. Our tractor barely could lift it off trailer without rear end lifting up cuz I didn't have enough weight on rear end. Excited to get it going but have some sandblasting, priming, and painting, then a few repairs to pins/ bushings and some minor welding on the bucket and it'll be ready to work another 50years or so I hope.

Mike

"hello, I'm actually in the process of the same thing on the exact model massey ferguson. However we sourced an original mf220 backhoe that came on these models. We are in the process of repainting it at the moment and have a few bushings that need replaced and a couple pins are wore. But I have been doing a bit of searching for those beyond fittings to, did you find a good source? And did they have 3 sizes, cuz i believe there were 3 different sizes on those beyond fittings for different valve banks. Our backhoe was Frankensteined to a Ford tractor/loader. But managed to pry them apart and get the backhoe for $750 and i got the stabilizer bars for upper mounts and the lower mounting frame that attaches to the loader frame so it's a true backhoe that can also be detached for 3pt/pto work. The manual I got for it claims it can be detached in 5 mins so that's a bonus, it took us about an hour or so, but the tractor didn't run so it was a dead backhoe removal. Luckily we got someone to load it for us once we got tractor pulled out of way. I believe it weighs in around 2300lbs. Our tractor barely could lift it off trailer without rear end lifting up cuz I didn't have enough weight on rear end. Excited to get it going but have some sandblasting, priming, and painting, then a few repairs to pins/ bushings and some minor welding on the bucket and it'll be ready to work another 50years or so I hope.

Mike"

Mike, I was lucky enough to find the last remaining Power Beyond for my valve box, a new old stock (NOS) unit that had likely been on the shelf since the 60's. I have an exact part number to fit my vinyl and part manual requirement. I only see one listed for my tracker rather than 3 that you state are available. Not sure if you will find another, we spent years and contacted locations all over the country to find the one we did.

"hello, I'm actually in the process of the same thing on the exact model massey ferguson. However we sourced an original mf220 backhoe that came on these models. We are in the process of repainting it at the moment and have a few bushings that need replaced and a couple pins are wore. But I have been doing a bit of searching for those beyond fittings to, did you find a good source? And did they have 3 sizes, cuz i believe there were 3 different sizes on those beyond fittings for different valve banks. Our backhoe was Frankensteined to a Ford tractor/loader. But managed to pry them apart and get the backhoe for $750 and i got the stabilizer bars for upper mounts and the lower mounting frame that attaches to the loader frame so it's a true backhoe that can also be detached for 3pt/pto work. The manual I got for it claims it can be detached in 5 mins so that's a bonus, it took us about an hour or so, but the tractor didn't run so it was a dead backhoe removal. Luckily we got someone to load it for us once we got tractor pulled out of way. I believe it weighs in around 2300lbs. Our tractor barely could lift it off trailer without rear end lifting up cuz I didn't have enough weight on rear end. Excited to get it going but have some sandblasting, priming, and painting, then a few repairs to pins/ bushings and some minor welding on the bucket and it'll be ready to work another 50years or so I hope.

Mike"

Mike, I was lucky enough to find the last remaining Power Beyond for my valve box, a new old stock (NOS) unit that had likely been on the shelf since the 60's. I have an exact part number to fit my vinyl and part manual requirement. I only see one listed for my tracker rather than 3 that you state are available. Not sure if you will find another, we spent years and contacted locations all over the country to find the one we did.

Some pics of the backhoe on too small of a trailer but I made it work haha. Trailer was definatly overloaded not weight wise, but top heavy and too wide. But unit is in decent shape no cracks or repairs so far and I have been sand blasting the boom today so it's good about to go do the dipper stick now. But I put some pics of the loader valve with the power beyond plug on the side of mine. I also have a parts loader with a different control bank, think it's the original the one on my tractor is a cross manufacturing valve bank. I think the other is a Cessna.

Hey I know this is an older thread but if you can help… What loader control valve is that? Is the part# 708 600 m91? Is that side fitting the power beyond?

Ok I’m super confused lol I have a Massey 50A industrial tractor with the loader valve I gave the part # for in my last post. These things came with a backhoe someone before me removed it. I just bought a backhoe and now I am trying to find out what I need to do to hook it up. Every picture I have seen of this valve has a hose at the bottom of the valve that runs the backhoe I will post a picture of one that is connected to the hoe. Any help you could be would be extremely appreciated. The second picture is what mine looks like…

Attachments

• IMG_0824.png
    IMG_0824.png
    615.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0831.png
    IMG_0831.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 18

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back