MF1235 Compact Tractor, engine racing

KCMarkley

New User
My MF1235, ISEKI E3CD engine, was vandalize and I am working to get it back to running, had to replace the electric fuel pump and injectors and had the injection pump disassembled and cleaned. It has less than 500 hours. It appears the fuel system is running well now, but. When the tractor is started the engine revs really hard. I am thinking it is a problem with the governor but perhaps the work on the injection pump was done incorrectly. I can find no information online about the governor. Trying to decide if I should start disassembly to check the governor or if I should pull the injection pump and take it back to the shop. Anyone have any advice?

Hello KC welcome to YT! I have no experience with
your tractor model or engine I do have a bit of
experience in general mechanics, diesel and tractor
repair. The question is did you have a repair manual for
the tractor or engine to reference during this repair? If
not the list of POSSIBLE problems could be as long as
your arm. In one recent post about a an import 3
cylinder diesel where the owner had worked on the
pump there was some discrepancy about the thickness
of gaskets or shims for its mounting that would affect
governor interaction with the pump. The specifications
were all laid out in a manual that he did not have
available. It would take me a bit to search for the post
to reference it. How much mechanical experience do
you have?

Thanks for posting. I do have the tractor and engine shop manuals, everything that I have done has follow instructions from the manuals supplemented with articles and videos from the web. I have reasonable skills at mechanical repair, so I have done most of the work myself.
The manual is very limited on the governor. I understand the basics of how the governor uses a rotating, weighted wheel to compress a spring and control the engine speed. My neighbor farmer has John Deere equipment and says it is not uncommon to lose a flyweight and have to replace it on his tractors. The MF manual does not discuss this at all, most of the discussion is the Angleichung Device on the tension arm which appears to contain the spring that gets compressed and the complex linkage system that connects to it.
I am hoping that someone knows about this tractors governor and could offer advice.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back