mf30e transmission manifold suction pipe?

tikidog

New User
I hope the subject heading describes the question. I've split my 1989 MF30e twice now for a transmission leak. I've replaced the transmission pump and it still leaks from the same area below where it resides.

I've noticed that the transmission manifold bolts were not up to torque spec of 28 ft/lbs so I'm hoping the leak came from there. However, while sitting and perhaps trying to join the tractor together I had rotated the flywheel to mate the splines - perhaps that pumped some pressure and leaked some fluid in this picture. It is appearing at the base only of the suction pipe if I have that term correct. So many videos and picture don't even show this pipe.

What suggestions do you all have for this potential leak? O-rings and the bottom end of this pipe? If so how would I remove? I'm afraid I'd have to drain the fluid and remove the whole thing again plus the manifold.
mvphoto111203.jpg

This post was edited by tikidog on 10/30/2023 at 02:07 pm.

I hope the subject heading describes the question. I've split my 1989 MF30e twice now for a transmission leak. I've replaced the transmission pump and it still leaks from the same area below where it resides.

I've noticed that the transmission manifold bolts were not up to torque spec of 28 ft/lbs so I'm hoping the leak came from there. However, while sitting and perhaps trying to join the tractor together I had rotated the flywheel to mate the splines - perhaps that pumped some pressure and leaked some fluid in this picture. It is appearing at the base only of the suction pipe if I have that term correct. So many videos and picture don't even show this pipe.

What suggestions do you all have for this potential leak? O-rings and the bottom end of this pipe? If so how would I remove? I'm afraid I'd have to drain the fluid and remove the whole thing again plus the manifold.
mvphoto111203.jpg

This post was edited by tikidog on 10/30/2023 at 02:07 pm.i
It is old thread but wondering you have replaced suction tube o ring...
I am going to split the tractor due to the pump doesn't create the enough pressure.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back