Minneapolis Moline spreader worm and driven gear

I have a mm spreader. No clue on the model but it is a small single axle. Anyways we bought it spread one load and the beater quit. We pulled the top of the box and someone had filled it full of grease. Im assuming they new it was shot and just wanted it to work long enough to selll it. i have pictures of model and casting. Im trying to find a different gear box or a worm and driven gear. Any help on where i should look or if you know a junk yard that might have one ive kind of exhausted all options i know off.

Unfortunately manure spreaders rarely seem to make it to the salvage yard. There usually isn't much to salvage.

I think realistically you're not going to be able to find that exact gearbox in a reasonable amount of time so best to try to find something that will work. Hopefully once removed from the machine so there's no load on it it will have enough "grab" to figure out how many turns of the input shaft it takes to make one turn of the output shaft.

IS this directly driving the beaters or is it driving the apron chain and the beaters take their power from it?

Directly driving beaters. There is a differenrial gear inside
so the apron still moves. I thought about making the
beaters hyraulic driven if i cant fine gears.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back