Mitsubishi D2000 K2

Anonymous-0

I have a Mitsubishi D2000 engine K 2 model 2DR5.I bought this tractor with out the water pump,belt pulley or cooling fan, think parts were available. Surprise they are not. Has any one every heard of installing an 12v electric water pump and cooling fan in replace of mechanical. If so what would be the gallons per minute i would need for proper flow?

The ones on ebay i have contacted them They said they can rebuild an old one if i had the old pump. I am told there are no pumps available any more.

Rebuilding might be the way to go then - with a press it is pretty simple to do.

If the impeller is not destroyed (pretty rare I would think), then some new bearings and gaskets should be enough to keep you going. usually on (modern) water pumps the seals on the bearings fail, and that is when stuff comes out of the weep hole.

oh shoot, forgot in your origional post it didn't have anything up front!

one thought would be to make another water pump (Like off a truck) fit. If you use a electric radiator fan, you shouldn't have to worry about fitting a fan on the WP.

As for volume, I don't have any idea what would be needed but a guess by me would be that to match the displacement of the engines the pump is intended for with the displacement of the tractors engine, and more flow then that is okay.

David, I assume you have tried all the salvage yards ?

If not here are two that I have found over the years that helped me on Mitsubishi parts :

West Kentucky Tractor Parts 270-462-2191

Sheaffer's Town & Country Inc. 815-284-3226

Also any chance you have OEM part number on pump you need ? If so www.tractor-part.com is sometimes helpful.

Good luck, Bill

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back