MM Bf Propeller Shaft universal joint repair.

I'm a late middle age retired farmer of many years (who remembers when the 1951 BF hit MM dealers show rooms) restoring a 1951 BF. Have the tractor split, removed Propeller shaft, and learned universal joints are real bad. Tried to get universal repair kit from local supplier. Joints are odd sized and not available. Talked with ASAP who wished me good luck.
Have any of you guys rebuilt u joints and where did you get your parts?
Dan

G.L. Perry I think it was who used to post on here re-did a BF or a BG about 10-15 years ago and He got them then. They used to be in a (Paper) catalog at NAPA back in the '90s. If you got yours apart, I bet there are no needles in there, just hardened cups. If so, don't hammer on them, they will bust to pieces.

G.L. hasn't been on here in years. I hope he is still with us.

Bill Williams, in Baldwyn MS would probably have them or know where you could get them. 662-416-6142. Leave a message, he will call you back. Bill is one of the Go-to guys for MM/Avery parts.

One other thing. Drive shaft noise is something I have to address on Mother's BG. If you find some, let us know where they are or a part number.
Thanks! Kelvin (T.R.K.)

Kelvin,

I have the shaft out and disassembled joints in arbor press. Cups are solid, no needles, and haven't broke any, yet.

I'll contact NAPA in the morning and try Bill Monday.

Thanks for the fast reply to my first Forum problem. Have followed you guys for several years and have learned a lot.

Dan

G.L. Perry I think it was who used to post on here re-did a BF or a BG about 10-15 years ago and He got them then. They used to be in a (Paper) catalog at NAPA back in the '90s. If you got yours apart, I bet there are no needles in there, just hardened cups. If so, don't hammer on them, they will bust to pieces.

G.L. hasn't been on here in years. I hope he is still with us.

Bill Williams, in Baldwyn MS would probably have them or know where you could get them. 662-416-6142. Leave a message, he will call you back. Bill is one of the Go-to guys for MM/Avery parts.

One other thing. Drive shaft noise is something I have to address on Mother's BG. If you find some, let us know where they are or a part number.
Thanks! Kelvin (T.R.K.)
GL is still with us, has some medical issues right now, I'll look to see if I can find any info, I still have some NAPA books from the 80s. Shame they deon't keep any of these books at NAPA stores nowadays

Visited local NAPA store yesterday morning. Mike pulled out an old 2012 paper catalog, entered number on computer, said Minneapolis, Mn. has 2, and they will be here Tuesday morning. Good deal. I trust they work. Little pricey at $50 each but I'm happy I found them.

If they work I'll send you guys the part number.

Dan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back