More pics from flooding from RR

jon f mn

The railroad says they will be out Monday to fix the culvert. Was hoping they would be faster than that. But we will see what happens. I did get time to walk out and take some more pics of what the issue is. These are the pilings they drove in along the track. They are on both sides.

20240501_191115.jpg

Here is what it looks like inside the culvert.

20240501_191016.jpg
20240501_191026.jpg
20240501_191011.jpg

Water has risen quite a bit since too.

20240501_190214.jpg
20240501_190338.jpg

Half the hay field is under water now and it's into the corn field too. Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Certainly going to be late with planting this year.

The railroad says they will be out Monday to fix the culvert. Was hoping they would be faster than that. But we will see what happens. I did get time to walk out and take some more pics of what the issue is. These are the pilings they drove in along the track. They are on both sides.

View attachment 69626

View attachment 69627View attachment 69628View attachment 69629

View attachment 69630View attachment 69631

Half the hay field is under water now and it's into the corn field too. Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Certainly going to be late with planting this year.
I see Bruce's gooses are there.

View attachment 69626

View attachment 69627View attachment 69628View attachment 69629

View attachment 69630View attachment 69631

Now you'll be fighting the EPA when you drain that wetland:devilish: steve

Not my problem obviously, but I would like to see the end of the culvert in relation to the water level. So the piling caused the culver to “silt in” to that level? Interesting. What is roughly the diameter of that culvert? Do they have horizontal sheeting of some type (or old rr ties) on the track side of the pilings to contain the ballast? Otherwise it would seem that the pilings are worthless. Ya, I’m not sure how the RR would take you going on their property to obtain incriminating photos. In most of our eyes you have a pretty good reason, lawyers on the other hand? Hopefully, it all plays out as the more helpful contact you had with them laid it out. It is definitely changing your ability to utilize your property.

Obviously the railbed was sinking, as the fill flattened out so by driving the piling/old rails they were hoping to stabilize the railbed. As least that's my observation. Not good that they drove right thru through culvert. Looks like the culverts been silted in for awhile any how. Need to jet out the old silt, and regrade the inlet and outlet, adding some silt fence. just mine opinion you may see something differently. gobble

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back