my ih 574 loader hydraulic hookup

Mike Van

Some 30 years ago, i needed to add a 2 spool valve for a loader on my 574. This is what i came up with, it's worked ever since. The pics are hard to get, wheel & tire and muffler are in the way. Down on the MCV, I took off the steel pressure line that goes up under the seat to the one aux. rear valve i have.Where i took that off, i put the pressure line to my new loader valve, the return from the new valve then went to the pressure on the aux. valve. One fitting i used looks like a tee, it has one opening capped off, so it's just a 90. That is the pressure to the new valve., the other is the return. There's no power beyond, just an open center system that works fine.
mvphoto101301.jpg

mvphoto101302.jpg

[/img:a5f0beb2b4]

Let me understand this better you disconnected the rear remotes to hook up the loader? If so that would eliminate the use of remotes for anything. We don't use the remotes often yet they are handy sometimes to use for moving equipment or raking on a rare occasion. Though with as many tractors as we have it is not as much of a handicap as it once was.

That line actually goes to the valve under the seat,
theres a tee in the line above where you added your hose
that goes to the auxiliary hyd valve.

With an open center valve you do have power beyond.

You couldve just put you return back into the rear down
on the lower right side.

Not what I said - The fluid goes through the new 2 spool valve, back through the aux valve, and back to the system. All works as it should.

I get it now. This morning when I read it I missed the part about going back to the remote. It still the long way around the barn and is still what amounts to a power beyond.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back