My wife says I'm cheap

I prefer resourceful! That's 9,000. If I was
cheap, I would have used 20,000.
a173054.jpg

I have used baler twine for about everything else but never thought about using it for shoe laces. Nothing wrong with that.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're using my work boots .... but I would draw the line at lime green
laces .... ha! They don't make laces like they used to ..... and if a guy went out to buy some, you'd be surprised how pricey they are.

I'm with you. Lawn mower sucked lid off irrigation box, could not find replacement lid. Bottom of 5 gal. bucket glued to what's left of lid.
a173070.jpg

a173071.jpg

I have used sisal to make a temporary belt , tie gates shut , tie calves, even went "in" and tied a calf's hoofs to pull it from the womb. It is essential to have sisal and I never felt cheap ! LOL !

Looks like a money making idea to me. "Put them little plastic things on the ends and sell them to the kids that like to have their shoes 'look unique'.

In the mean time I would consider changing the left one as "preventative maintenance" LOL

The 20000 would have been more subtle and chic. Just goes to show, you can even make a fashion statement with work boots.

I've lost count of all the things I've used baling twine for, but boot laces didn't cross my mind.....YET! :wink:

We don't even bale hay, but when we bought this old farm, I got a double pack of heavy orange twine....you know, just in case. One roll is long gone. Still have half of the 2nd roll. ...Am trying to go sparing with it now! :shock: :lol:

In my military, Civil Engineering classes, they used the term "Expedient Methods" for any fix that used something out of the norm to repair something. gobble

I buy small nylon rope and cut it the right length, melt the ends and use that for laces. Don't have access to poly twine and no don't send me any. Also, I can tell you that shoe goo really works for repairing shoes.

At least you didn't use baling wire or duct tape. Hey, I am right there with you. When I bought my dad and mom out I wish I would have started to take pictures of all the applications of baling wire. Wire everywhere. After about 7 years I don't find much now. Dad was a product of the depression born in 1924. To his defense most of the time he fixed something with wire it actually worked and lasted for quite a while.

Whut fool called ya cheap? Baler twine ain't cheap no more. Now, iffen ya used knittin yarn, ya mite be chheep.......

I've used a timing belt to make an actual belt. Notched it out and everything. I kept ruining my belts laying on the garage floor, but that timing belt lasted me for years. Until my wife got a hold of it and threw it out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back