Mystery padlock

I remember back tn the day you could "dial" a rotary phone by simply tapping the handset cradle the number of times of the number you wanted to dial with a pause between each number. eg: 2 taps = 2, 3 taps=3 etc. There were several types of dial locks but you could bypass any of them with this system.
I guess there isn't much sense in even talking about this except for historical purposes 'cause there ain't no way the old rotary phone will ever come back again..
That's the way we did it as well ! I have two old black Bakelite phones at the farm , they still work just as well as modern ones . They are more resistant to lightening strikes as well .

I remember back tn the day you could "dial" a rotary phone by simply tapping the handset cradle the number of times of the number you wanted to dial with a pause between each number. eg: 2 taps = 2, 3 taps=3 etc. There were several types of dial locks but you could bypass any of them with this system.
I guess there isn't much sense in even talking about this except for historical purposes 'cause there ain't no way the old rotary phone will ever come back again..
By tapping the handset cradle are you talking about the hang up button that the handset pushed down when it was in the cradle?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back