Need help with wd45

Jumper

New User
I have a wd45, 12 volt. Was starting well till today. I pull staring cable- I hear a “whirring” noise, but won’t start. I can start it with hand crank. Thoughts on where to start. Feels like starter is spinning- but not sure

your bendix is not engaging into the starter. pull the starter off and check it out many times the armature drive gets all gummed up with grease and in cold weather it wont engage. ooh yikes its 12 volt u say. dont know if this is something u can tackle or hire the job out. a starter man will help u out.

yes bendix spring is most likely your problem set it on bench hook a battery cables to it off a battery in a vice then youll be able to see if its engaging youll know right away if you cant tell by looking at it

Thanks all for pointing me in a direction
If it's the big flat-wound bendix spring, NOS are readily available on eBay, and maybe on this site too. Just be aware that they are wound in both directions, so pay close attention when you are buying one. I had my broken one sitting on the computer table next to me while I was shopping for one. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back