new-old favorite Case implement.

kenbob

I have a big garden and to avoid too much weeding I am big on cover crops on part of a garden I stick a plant in (as opposed to rowcrop seeding). Due to a very dry fall, it all went wonky this year. My oats/pea fall crop lay in the ground and came up this spring. My rye/vetch for over winter is supposed to be mostly rye, to hold up the hairy vetch. Instead It is a tangle of vetch. I like using my NH sickle bar mower to cut this as the rye falls flat and makes a nice mat for protecting against weeds.

This time, with all the vetch it made a big mess. SO I got out my Case 602 cutter I got with my Vac a few years ago. I had used it in the past, but the vac was too fast and I ended up with lumps and much that was just knocked down but not cut. I bought a 300 last year so I put that on the cutter. Running is super low at pto speed worked just right. I got a fairly even cover and it chewed up everything. I had thought of selling the cutter at one time. But it has a new lease on life behind the slower tractor. Does anyone know if those 2 blades are Case specific or generic? John Saeli do you have any? I am not sure how wide they were when new but I would say the tips are down to about 1 1/2" in width due to 70 years of sharpening.

THanks, I see they have 2 thicknesses. I am pretty sure i have the 3/8". I am 73 so mine will probably last until I quit doing it, but it is good to know if spares are out there. When you type in Case 602 cutter you get responses but am leary as it fits Case and IH, which isn't likely unless that was a really common knife used by many companies. Thanks again.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back