glennster

got a pretty good size burl in the woods. i guess wood workers are after these.

Attachments

• IMG_2315.jpeg
    IMG_2315.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2316.jpeg
    IMG_2316.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2318.jpeg
    IMG_2318.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 174
It would be fun to see the pattern in that! Ron MN
Equal to a kid unwrapping gifts Christmas Morning. Back in the day when people were willing to put forth effort to earn extra income I gave an acquaintance who ran a dozer gratuities for helping me salvage from trees he was clearing. I got a few burls but mostly I was after root balls and exceptional sawlogs. After landowner marked trees he wanted left I walked land marking trees I wanted dozer operator to put on exterior of burn piles so I could get at them. Once I got balls cleaned up and roots removed they were usually larger than woodworkers needed or could manhandle so I took them to a sawmill to be split and/or slabbed. I had to collect several then leave them at mill until they found time to couple up mill and split them. After months of delay I was as excited on the way to pick splits up as a kid on the way to candy store with $5 in his pocket.
Most went on consignment at woodworker's supply stores. Would it surprise you if I said Osage Orange often sold for more than Walnut?

That would be beautiful inside, IF you wanted to cut it off and leave a huge scar. Is that poison ivy on the ground, or wild sarsaparilla? steve
that section of woods is covered in poison ivy. now we have poison hemlock showing up. a few years ago wild parsnip came in. sheesh!

I've got a little cedar footstool a family member made out of a knot like that, he even used rough cut tree limbs for the feet. That will make a great bowl, table top, cutting board or fireplace mantle too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back