Odd things Dad had

37 chief

Someone gave Dad an old aircraft motor it was an Aluminum V8 water cooled Hispano Asusa air plane motor. Produced around 1914. That same type motor probably powered WW1 airplanes. The motor was used in avacudo orchards here on the west coast to circulate the air on freezing days. It was fairly heavy. Dad was going to scrap it out for the aluminum. He did scrap the radiators on each side of the motor, before I stopped him. I told him to keep it. It sat in a shed for years. someone came along and offered 200.00 for it. The big wood propeller was probably worth that much. Who knows what that motor would be worth today. He also had a WW2 Berma Jeep. He scrapped that while I was in the Navy, along with most of his farming implements, except the tractors. Wish I had pictures. Stan

Both the engine and the Burma Jeep would bring a tidy sum today as you probably already know. Not many Burma Jeeps were made. Was it a troop carrier type or did it have a boom on the back for loading bombs on ships? The Burma Jeep or GTB was a one ton dually truck made by Ford and had a Ford flathead six for an engine.

That was a link found within another link ..... try this one below. The article I refer to is the link shown in the first post in the discussion forum. It should work, an amazing photo gallery in addition to the information ..... let me know if it works for you .....
Try This poke here

(quoted from post at 05:46:54 01/19/22) That was a link found within another link ..... try this one below. The article I refer to is the link shown in the first post in the discussion forum. It should work, an amazing photo gallery in addition to the information ..... let me know if it works for you .....
Try This poke here

Thanks for the Dodge information. Always interesting. I have worked on the vehicles mentioned in the article for my military collector buddy including a complete restoration of a Command Car like the one pictured. It looks to me like the Ford version is the one model with the Jeep designation. Could be wrong on that one though. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Along the same lines, my Father in Law, who was a Central Ks farmer, was also into speed in the 50's and early 60's. At one time he had 2, Allison V-12 aircraft engines, still new in the original crates. Unfortunately they were gone by the time I came into the picture. He is gone now, but was one heck of a guy. Bob

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back