Oil filter question.

Mad Farmer

I'm seeing these Fil Filter ML 124 (Ferguson part# 835817M91) being sold that will fit Ns some Fergys/Massys and other old tractors/cars. Not China product, made in Turkey.

Anybody used them and how is quality?

They seem to be sturdy but the sealing washers kind of stiff. I'll see how the fit is and report back.

1 N tractor filter.jpg1 N tractor filter 2.jpg

This site has filters for reasonable price, but $15 shipping unless I get a big order in.......

I'm seeing these Fil Filter ML 124 (Ferguson part# 835817M91) being sold that will fit Ns some Fergys/Massys and other old tractors/cars. Not China product, made in Turkey.

Anybody used them and how is quality?

They seem to be sturdy but the sealing washers kind of stiff. I'll see how the fit is and report back.

View attachment 67304View attachment 67305

This site has filters for reasonable price, but $15 shipping unless I get a big order in.......
O'Reilly's has the Wix filters,no shipping!

O'Reilly's has the Wix filters,no shipping!

Wix are good filters. $19 vs $12 shipped, just priced them. Napa 1010 is $22.

Wally world had off brand 15W-40 diesel/HD oil $12/gal, same specs as Rotella. Going to try that and the pictured filter in the Fergy today.

Mobil and Shell have rebates right now on oil, WM has a deal on Delvac if you order online and pick it up at the store. I buy my WIX filters from Rock Auto, just add them to my other parts order when I need something. Just have to know the # and type it in to search by part # as they don't have a tractor lookup.

I looked over the filter and I'm betting it don't fit. The hole for the "pipe" is different size than the old Bosch one I have in my oil drain pan.

I'm going to parts store to pickup a set of plug wires and I'm getting a Wix just in case I drain the oil and it don't fit.......

I'll update post and , load pictures of all 3 later.

I looked over the filter and I'm betting it don't fit. The hole for the "pipe" is different size than the old Bosch one I have in my oil drain pan.

I'm going to parts store to pickup a set of plug wires and I'm getting a Wix just in case I drain the oil and it don't fit.......

I'll update post and , load pictures of all 3 later.
Napa has spark plug wire they sell by the foot. They also have the metal ends and rubber boots to make up your own wires. I would never pay for a ready made set of wires.

Napa has spark plug wire they sell by the foot. They also have the metal ends and rubber boots to make up your own wires. I would never pay for a ready made set of wires.

I was thinking that when I looked at prices.

I found a good deal on Standard universal set # 804W, not at NAPA their kit$ were more $$$ (X2). The 8-cyl STD set was $2 less than the 4-cyl STD set? So I've got 4 more of the longest wires in the set with terminals/boots to make another set.

These are 7mm tinned copper core wires, straight plug boots, was $16 for 8-cyl set with tax. The wires already have spark plug boots installed, just cut and install the dist end covers and terminal ends. Made a set yesterday

TO-30 plug wires 2.jpg

I posted this in my Franken-Fergy thread just now.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/threads/new-to-me-franken-fergie.1632071/page-2

I'll come back to the filters doing an oil change. Not sure the filter I first mentioned will work on a TO-30?

Posted a bunch on the filters with pics/measurements in my Franken-Fergy thread post #38.

The Fil Filter hard non-sealing fiber washer and center tube hole size, likely makes it a no go for Ns. Unless you have/add good washers and rubber sealing washers on both ends. Comparison with Bosch and Wix.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back