super99

My Oliver 1850 has had a minor oil leak at the power steering hydra motor for several years, doesn't get used a lot, so no big deal, just keep the hydraulic full. Looked into new hydraulic lines several years ago, metal tubes with hose in the middle were over $100 each X 4. Repair shop in Normandy, Ill has compression fittings so he can replace the hoses on the old metal lines that he uses all of the time. When I finished plowing snow yesterday I cleaned the snow off of the blade and there was a black spot in the snow under the belly of the tractor. Looks like it's time to fix it when it warms up. Looks like quite a job, take off hood, drain and remove fuel tank and battery tray and then work around the cab.

My Oliver 1850 has had a minor oil leak at the power steering hydra motor for several years, doesn't get used a lot, so no big deal, just keep the hydraulic full. Looked into new hydraulic lines several years ago, metal tubes with hose in the middle were over $100 each X 4. Repair shop in Normandy, Ill has compression fittings so he can replace the hoses on the old metal lines that he uses all of the time. When I finished plowing snow yesterday I cleaned the snow off of the blade and there was a black spot in the snow under the belly of the tractor. Looks like it's time to fix it when it warms up. Looks like quite a job, take off hood, drain and remove fuel tank and battery tray and then work around the cab.
Don't know how you feel about fixes in a bottle....but I've had decent luck with a product called Seallube.

Claims to not swell the rubber seals, but softens them so they'll seal again. Assuming this is a seal leak, not a steel line leak.

SealLube

Might be worth trying, sounds like the job is a real PITA.

Prices are all over the place on this stuff, usually a pretty good discount for quantity purchases.

Good Luck

Don't know how you feel about fixes in a bottle....but I've had decent luck with a product called Seallube.

Claims to not swell the rubber seals, but softens them so they'll seal again. Assuming this is a seal leak, not a steel line leak.

SealLube

Might be worth trying, sounds like the job is a real PITA.

Prices are all over the place on this stuff, usually a pretty good discount for quantity purchases.

Good Luck
Thanks, but 99% sure it is the hose part leaking

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back