Old Lug Tractor

SETX

I was asked to help a neighbor pen his cows to haul to auction barn and saw this in the weeds. I didnt get down and look it over.
Any idea on make and model? I may need it for yard at!
cvphoto159769.jpg

JD D....at one time thousands of them in the rice fields along the Texas coast. The steel wheels look to be in good shape.

It lookslike the exhaust pipe has been removed and the hole well covered up.

It is probably restorable to running condition if not frozen or no major issues like that.

This post was edited by fdt860 on 07/31/2023 at 03:02 pm.

Definitely a j d D , not just looks like, but it looks like scrap iron to me. And that muffler has rusted off and I cant see how u can see that its covered. Parts machine if anything.

The one lug at about 11 O'clock looks like it might be a John Deere lug. But the rest of the lugs that can be seen, don't look like Deere lugs to me. They are mismatched, and appear to be from other makes of tractors.

Not sure if early D's had a different lug. Might explain some of it. But I'm thinking not. Any D I ever seen, had the same style lugs.

Might be nice shape wheels. But likely wrong lugs on the rears.

I know it's not a good picture of the D but, you can see the early style lug they had. It's a cast lug which was discontinued around the middle of 1927 when they made other changes to the D and went to the steel lug. There were a few different lug options available for different soil conditions.

cvphoto159822.jpg

Tractor is located adjacent to my headquarters ranch in Devers, Texas. This is rice and cattle country. Pretty much all coastal prairie about 37' above sea level.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back