Oliver 1650 high speed serial/model numbers

I know that some of the Oliver 1650s had a faster or lower rear end ratio. I used to have the information that listed the numbers to look for. I can not find that information now. I have found an Oliver 1650 with a blown motor. The owner said he though it had the faster drive line in it. I have a good 1655 engine. I had been looking for a 1655 gas to switch but all of the 1655s seem to be selling for high money right now. This 1650 is a real late one as it has the three speed hydraul. I do not need it but It would be neat for tractor rides. I used to have an Oliver 1655 but traded it off in the 1980s for a JD 4440.

If you can get the serial number, the last 3 digits are the transmission code. Post here and someone will know which one it is. I have 2 1550's, one has a high speed transmission, I'll look and see what they both are and post back, Not sure if they would be the same as a 1650 tho. Chris

452= standard speed 2 wheel drive Row Crop
456=High speed 2 wheel drive Row Crop & High speed Wheatland/Ricefield
468=Standard speed Wheatland/Ricefield
461=Standard speed Mechanical Front Drive
465=High speed Mechanical Front Drive
480=Hydraulic front drive.

Thanks Scooter, right on time!! Isn't there also a slow speed transmission code? At what models did the transmission code start?? Did 77,88's have high speed transmissions available?

452= standard speed 2 wheel drive Row Crop
456=High speed 2 wheel drive Row Crop & High speed Wheatland/Ricefield
468=Standard speed Wheatland/Ricefield
461=Standard speed Mechanical Front Drive
465=High speed Mechanical Front Drive
480=Hydraulic front drive.
Thank you that was the information I was needing. I will let you guys know if I have any luck.

Thanks, I know a guy with a 1550 special with a slow transmission, he said it barely goes 12 mph.

Thanks Scooter, right on time!! Isn't there also a slow speed transmission code? At what models did the transmission code start?? Did 77,88's have high speed transmissions available?

Looks like John got you your answer. Yes, there were codes for the 77/88 etc. but I don't think there was a "high speed" rear end per se, but I could be wrong. I think there were differences in transmission gearing itself but as to what when and how, I'm not too sure.

I believe my 1650 has the high speed rear. The tachometer mph goes to about 25 mph. And the shift pattern appears reversed to most I've seen on websites. R1 is in the upper quadrant and R2 in the lower.

I believe my 1650 has the high speed rear. The tachometer mph goes to about 25 mph. And the shift pattern appears reversed to most I've seen on websites. R1 is in the upper quadrant and R2 in the lower.
That is the way my 1550 is set up

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back