Oliver ID help request

D.L.B.

New User
Hi folks,
I have what I hope is a simple answer for some of you. I have an Oliver diesel that I believe to be a Super 77 or Super 88, but decals are long gone. Good news the ID plate is intact, located on left panel under steering, but I am struggling with serial numbers that may exist for both versions. I have ID # 28-1405, and Serial # 50 292-801. Anyone have a quick reference available for year and model?

The serial number makes it a 1957 tractor. The catch is that the Super 77 and the Super 88 had almost the same serial number range for that year, so I can't give you the model from the serial number. For that you need someone with a reference source for the model numbers.

It should be a Super 88. 801 is the transmission code and the super 88 transmission codes all started with 8. Also, the grill should have a little pop out on each side at the bottom.

Saskoliver, The improved Supers came out in 1957. The improvements were red wheels, large battery cover, 12 volt and key start. There are probably others but these are the most obvious.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back