Oliver Super 88 Injector Core

IDKWTUAMUN

New User
I'm looking for a way to do a compression test on a Oliver Super 88. I've been told that it would be hard to fine an adapter. Someone suggested I convert an old injector core and adapt it to fit my compression tester. Does anyone have an old injector core I could buy and then adapt it?
Also, How much compression should it have?

Compression should be 350 psi at cranking speed. No doubt it will not be that high.
John, I made a compression tester out of an old injector core for my Oliver Super 88. The shop manual says it should be 300 PSI. The following are the pressures. The first number is without oil in the cylinder. The second number is with a tablespoon of oil in the cylinder... Engine is cold...65 degrees for all readings. It was not possible to do it warm as I couldn't get it apart all in the same day.
1. How do these readings look? Should I overhaul it or what would you recommend I do to it?
Cyl. 1. 260 380
2. 260 355
3. 265 355
4. 260 355
5. 275 390
6. 265 305
2. Is hot reading usually higher or lower?

3. I guess I have another question... While the injectors are out should I have them checked?

Thank you in advance!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back