Pliers I.D....

wore out

IMG_20240326_213507008.jpg

IMG_20240326_213334199.jpg

Anyone know what these are? Seems to be a bold "C" stamped in the hinge area with some other characters inside.

The "W" is the initial of my late F-I-L's name, Walter.

It appears to be a special purpose tool. The jaws look as if they are meant to accommodate as certain size hex head fastener and the notch near the pivot point looks as if it is meant to cut wire.

It appears to be a special purpose tool. The jaws look as if they are meant to accommodate as certain size hex head fastener and the notch near the pivot point looks as if it is meant to cut wire.
Yes, I agree. Walter was an auto and heavy equipment mechanic over his working years. I wish I could read the stamped logo on it, it's pitted and a little beat up making it hard to see.

If the jaws have a groove along the length of each, the tool could be a "hog ring pliers" Jim
Thanks for your comment.

I considered "hog ring pliers", as well, but there's no grooves in the jaws. It does have "wire cutter slots".

TtlW4yw.jpeg

xVbFiGc.jpeg

Here's some closeups of the company logo.

Yes, I agree. Walter was an auto and heavy equipment mechanic over his working years. I wish I could read the stamped logo on it, it's pitted and a little beat up making it hard to see.
If you have a good digital camera, take a picture of it with the macro setting. Then use a photo editing program to make it readable. That's what I had to do on my MF202 to read the number on the engine block tag.

Thanks for your comment.

I considered "hog ring pliers", as well, but there's no grooves in the jaws. It does have "wire cutter slots".

TtlW4yw.jpeg

xVbFiGc.jpeg

Here's some closeups of the company logo.
I did a "sharpen" op on your photos and looks like maybe left to right may be dog, child/adult?, cow head, young child

Thanks for the comments. I had thought of battery pliers, as well, but most I saw don't have smooth jaws and the wire cutter feature for relatively small wire.
The jaws do have serrations on them. Next to bottom image. I thought they were too large for 10mm battery clamps. Not too large for 1/2 inch!! Jim

Thanks for the comments. I had thought of battery pliers, as well, but most I saw don't have smooth jaws and the wire cutter feature for relatively small wire.
The other pair I saw on eBay had the wire cutter slot, too. But not the same trademark stamp. If that is a "W" on the pivot, there may be a "T" next to it, with a "Co". My guess would be same company as my pic, just a different vintage. steve

The other pair I saw on eBay had the wire cutter slot, too. But not the same trademark stamp. If that is a "W" on the pivot, there may be a "T" next to it, with a "Co". My guess would be same company as my pic, just a different vintage. Try sending a query to this site (http://alloy-artifacts.org/index.html) I looked through their trademark list and couldn't find the one in your pic. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back