Portable hog floor

Does anyone raise hogs on a movable floor like a “hog haven”? My son has started raising pigs and his business is growing pretty good. but the mud has us looking at a new option wit being able to grab the pen around the pasture and move it as needed. I can’t really find a used one so looking at maybe building one or 2. So looking for some good pics and or plans. And feedback on how well they work?

Does anyone raise hogs on a movable floor like a “hog haven”? My son has started raising pigs and his business is growing pretty good. but the mud has us looking at a new option wit being able to grab the pen around the pasture and move it as needed. I can’t really find a used one so looking at maybe building one or 2. So looking for some good pics and or plans. And feedback on how well they work?
Many years ago, we had two portable hog floors. They were very crude by modern standards. Made with used power poles for skids and sawmill lumber for the floor, fencing and shelter. They worked good for a short time, but they didn't weather well. Hogs are hard on equipment and untreated lumber doesn't hold up well in the manure rich inviroment. We graduated to a concrete floor divided into four pens. Keep in mind, we were small timers with a maximum of 60 fat hogs on the premises. I have no experience with the "hog haven". It has to be better than what we had.

he would be doing maybe 20 a year at most probably. I found some plans to buils a wooden one and have a bunch of new treated lumber that I have thought about building a wwoden one. I wonder if it would last 5 years? Also would you completly cover it? I was thinking 8x16 and doing 2 rounds of hogs a year with it 8-10 at a time

Hogs are meant to be outside , and that is why they are called pigs cause they dig holes in the ground and lay in the mud to cool off in hot weather. Yes they can have shelter , but just build them a pig fence so they can roam outside in a natural environment. They are not meant to be cooped up in a building. Pigs enjoy mud. And yes I know the big pig farmers keep them all cooped up inside. U could build a floor where they eat from their troughs if you wanted to.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back