Posted some Gehl vids on You Tube....

Absent Minded Farmer

The excitement around here is finally starting to wind down, so I can concentrate on posting more videos. These are VHS conversions from tapes that the Gehl Co. donated to the Richfield Historical Society a few years ago. They seemed to have turned out ok. The quality isn't the greatest, but that's VHS for ya. It ain't Beta!!

It's just the three for right now. I wasn't sure how any of this would go, so that's all I brought home. The conversion from VHS to MPEG2 was quite easy &.... at this time.... recommend the Honestech Vid Box for a quick & easy conversion.

Hope everyone enjoys the videos & I hope everyone is having a good New Year..... or at least better than the last. :v)

Regards!!

Mike

P.S. The second vid is about a half hour long. There's the initial Gehl promo, followed by a blooper reel with the atypical failure & success theme. Good stuff!!

<iframe width=560 height=315 src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/ap768tyO4zw title=YouTube video player frameborder=0 allow=accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width=560 height=315 src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/qG1D_Nyuivo title=YouTube video player frameborder=0 allow=accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width=560 height=315 src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/JiT7qijedDE title=YouTube video player frameborder=0 allow=accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've got a VHS tape too that I've found on You Tube. It's not Gehl, it's for a Tube-O-Lator. It puts round bales in what looks like a silage bag. I don't know if you can still buy them or if they've been replaced by the ones that just continuously put the narrow wrap around them and put them in a long line.

worked at Gehl in the mid-1990's as a test engineer. my products were the feed grinders, forage wagons and the TMR mixers and forage harvesters but did very very little with them. of course we all worked on everything and helped each other out quite a bit. did not enjoy working on the spreaders especially if we had to retrofit one from a chicken farm with liquid manure pits... when straight from work to the laundrymat to wash my coveralls. the pictures are pretty blurry around 7:30 mark in the middle video. but a couple of those guys looked a bit familiar. They would have been 10 or so years older when i was there.

The junior guy in the fab shop (engineering prototype shop) only had 30 years in. he was stuck on 2nd shift. all the other guys were in the 40 year range and of course they were all getting up there in years. the old guys kept the shop pretty toasty. many of them farmed too. I tested the larger tank feed grinder at one of their farms near the plant. never put the larger tank in production. farms were getting bigger and many of them didn't use that kind of feed grinder even with a larger tank there wasn't much interest.

Gehl tested the heck out of stuff for function and durability. so they had good stuff. but it was a bit of their down fall too. they took too long to get new stuff into production and lost market. management didn't spend enough $ to meet the changing times. the union guys in the fab shop kept a close eye on the family and if they were buying/selling Gehl stock. I think NewHolland still makes/sells the scavenger manure spreader. Gehl made them for Gehl and NewHolland. New HOlland made smaller box spreaders for Gehl. before they dropped the small square baler the made them for Massey Ferguson as well. not sure if they had any other arrangements or not.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back