PPG Paint Code 70075

duckrock

From searching the archives I found a great list of paint codes for the different variations of Ford colors. I just came back from the PPG dealer and 70075 is a valid Vermillion Red paint code, but the orange needed for that code is not available anymore. The dealer already placed a call to PPG and was told it would need to be researched. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so, do you have an alternative code?

I hope this works out that you gt to use the PPG paint. It's the best paint I've ever used and especially when used with the hardner.

I found a Google reference to PPG 4217 as also being Vermillion Red. PPG dealer said it is a good code and is mixing up a rattle can sample. I should have the sample tomorrow and will test it out this weekend.

I did a quick rattle can color test of PPG 4217. Two pictures are a trumpet with PPG sprayed next to original paint. The third picture is a scrap piece with epoxy primer and top coated with PPG. Does the color look right for a 860?
cvphoto149659.jpg

cvphoto149660.jpg

cvphoto149661.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back