Pre-Auction Estimate?

RedMF40

I'm interested in this IH loader tractor. Seems like a good little machine. It would be a step up from my Massey 40. Maybe a few steps.

What do you think it would fetch in your area? Shows a little over 700 hours, not sure if that's accurate. Radiator looks brand new. Anything I should know about these tractors? My location is central Maryland.

Thanks for any thoughts on price or anything else about the tractor.

Gerrit

mvphoto110936.jpg

mvphoto110937.jpg

mvphoto110938.jpg

Here's a couple bonus tractors at the same sale. Not interested in bidding on them, though.

mvphoto110939.jpg

mvphoto110940.jpg

I would check parts availability on
that little international. I think it
might be one of the models that is
very hard to get parts for. I could
be wrong.

Timmycornpicker you are correct. I know I was asked if I wanted to buy one like that one time but I don't remember the exact model number it was. If I recall correctly parts were very scaris.

If I needed a compact loader tractor Based on tires , hours and straight
condition I might bid to 7 K anything less than 5 k ia a bargain in my
area ... The B DEERe would fetch 1500 even more with nice tires..the
nutfield 500 in my book ,,. but i just dont care for british backwards
engineering

Tractor was made by Nissan, very hard to find parts for, only rated in the mid 20's for H.P.I think there are better buys out there.

Thanks for the replies, $4K-$6K sounds about right. Could go higher. Depends how much I want an upgrade from my Massey. It works and is paid for. Trying to talk myself out of buying the Mitsubishi.

Gerrit

You won't use it much so if it runs and operates OK you will probably not ever need parts beyond things like filters.That said its the time of the year to bargain buy farm things so I'm guessing 3500 to
4000 is all I'd go.

$4K-$6K for something that could easily become yard art minutes before you get it off the trailer seems like $4K-$6K too much to me. Anything at all breaks, and you're up the creek.

There is always "shipping fever" to deal with on farm equipment. No matter how good the machine was when you bought it, even if the former owner was using it in the field for heavy work daily right up until the minute you bought it, when you get it home there will be so much wrong with it you'll wonder how it even ran.

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 10/19/2023 at 06:49 am.

Traditional Farmer"](quoted from post at 06:43:48 10/19/23) You won't use it much so if it runs and operates OK you will probably not ever need parts beyond things like filters.That said its the time of the year to bargain buy farm things so I'm guessing 3500 to
4000 is all I'd go.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. For occasional use it might be ok so long as it's bought cheap enough.
Gerrit

I have bought a lot of so called orphan tractors over the years have had good luck with them.Right now have a Bolens 242(Iseki) and a MF 220 (Honomoto) bought both cheap and both have given me very good service.And my favorite the Long R9500,100 HP pull a chisel plow and a 10ft brush hog.

[b:7db9feb9fb]Final bid was $3600.[/b:7db9feb9fb] I backed out at $3800. Decided to put the money towards other things. I was going to go as high as $3500, still a good deal at the selling price. Final price would be about $4200 based on the lower end of the buyer's premium plus sales tax. (10% for cash or check. 15% credit card).

Gerrit

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back