Private message

rrlund

Up by my name, there's an envelope where people can send me a private message. How do I send one? I'm not talking about a reply to one somebody sent to me, but a new message to somebody. I've looked all over and can't see where to do it.

Good question. I hunted and hunted as well and discovered if I left click on your avatar I get the option to contact. Maybe that's it. I'll send you message just to see.

One can click on envelope then one must enter persons handle . Or you can click on persons handle you want to send a personal message then click on start conversation.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 102517.png
& this type window will appear.

One can click on envelope then one must enter persons handle . Or you can click on persons handle you want to send a personal message then click on start conversation.

Yes, pretty much it.
Click on envelope, then chose "Start Conversation". In recipient box start typing there username. Even a couple letters, a list will appear. The more letters typed whittles the list down to whom you want and you can click it when you see it.

Or as said click on someone's avatar/username, then "Start Conversation" the message composing form will come up with the username already in it.

After sending either way, keep an eye on the envelope you mentioned for a red flag to show when you get a reply or a message.

Last edited:
Yes, pretty much it.
Click on envelope, then chose "Start Conversation". In recipient box start typing there username. Even a couple letters, a list will appear. The more letters typed whittles the list down to you can click it when you see it.

Or as said click on someones avatar, then "Start Conversation" the message composing form will come up with the username already in it.

After sending either way, keep an eye on the envelope you mentioned for a red flag to show when you get a reply or a message.
Alright. Thanks. I did that, but the box that opened up looked like the one for posting and I didn't want to say something thinking it was private and have it come up as a post. I thought it was better to ask and find out for sure.

Alright. Thanks. I did that, but the box that opened up looked like the one for posting and I didn't want to say something thinking it was private and have it come up as a post. I thought it was better to ask and find out for sure.
As long as the box looks like that below and says "Start Conversation" at the bottom, it is a private message.

If it comes up and has the word "Post" anywhere then you are posting a reply in a thread or starting a thread.

Posting as in for all to see.

Even if you accidently make a post to a forum that was intended to be a personal message you could edit that post until no content(text) was displayed if noticed & edited in a timely manner

There are a bunch of ways of "starting a conversation". My two preferred ways are to hover over someone's avatar and click "start conversation" when they have a post up. Or find their handle in the list to the right of folks online when you open the forums, hover over their handle, and "start conversation". If they are not online, you can do an advanced search for their username, and then "start conversation" using that avenue.

Even if you accidentally make a post to a forum that was intended to be a personal message you could edit that post until no content(text) was displayed if noticed & edited in a timely manner
Yep I just didn't want to slip up if I was giving out third party contact information or something.

Also, I think the "Private Conversation" box needs an actual persons name or handle (Recepients) in order to send the conversation to only that person. zuhnc

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back