Proper bolt length?

Hidude

can some please tell me the proper bolt length for #21 that comes from the back into the bearing retainer. part #8n44068. i cant find any info in the 3 different books i have or online. mine had a bunch of broken,homemade or wrong bolts when it came apart. i think 2" maybe correct.
mvphoto101951.png

Depends which MPC you use. Most all cast fasteners on the N's are 7/16, studs and hex nuts. The 9N/2N axle used a stud, p/n 88463, 7/16 x 2-1/2. My SEP 1952 MPC
shows the 8N-44068 Hex Head Bolt but like you said, does not give the size. The 48-50 MPCs show p/n is 351069-S8, 7/16 x 1.82. FORD engineered lengths to fractional
sizes and most of those bolt lengths are no longer made as industry standard anymore. 1.82 was rounded up to a 1-13/16 size for example. You'd have to get a 3 bolt
and dust it down today. I can't recall if these are blind holes so always test first. You can take a pencil and test the depth of the hole then determine if a 3 bolt
will bottom out. If so, mark the length you want then grind off the excess. If using a partially threaded bolt, always be sure the thread length is sufficient so it
doesn't bottom out too as this will booger up the hole. Will have to take a thread die and add more to length. The bolt or stud also uses 7/16 Lockwasher too. Just a
reminder that studs are made in a nominal size (i.e. 7/16) and one end is the Course (NC) size and the other end is the Fine (NF) size. The Course end always fastens
into the cast iron part. The Fine end always accepts the Hex Nut.

Tim Daley(MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back