putting aftermarket seat on a 311

kenbob

My 311 with the easy ride seat needs rebuilding. RIght now it has air-ride with a basket ball under it. I know Saeli has the donuts, but I put one of those universal aftermarket seats on my Ford 2000 and really like it because of the back rest and arm rests. I can get one for about what it would cost to rebuild the easy ride. I don't see any way one would fit, with the rock shaft for the eagle hitch positioned so high above the transmission. Am I right? Am I missing something? Maybe a later case seat would fit? All comments welcome, and thanks.

Undoubtedly you will have to make your own adapter plate with measurements from the tractor and the seat mounting. The area where the easy ride bolts on is raised so a flat plate as a base would need spacers. Probably best to measure the seat you already have and determine if it will set you too high to reach the clutch. Myself, I bite the bullet and rebuild the seats putting red painted stiff foam under the seats to help keep the new rubber springs from failing. I've had a number of them fail and replaced with a one year warranty.

My 311 with the easy ride seat needs rebuilding. RIght now it has air-ride with a basket ball under it. I know Saeli has the donuts, but I put one of those universal aftermarket seats on my Ford 2000 and really like it because of the back rest and arm rests. I can get one for about what it would cost to rebuild the easy ride. I don't see any way one would fit, with the rock shaft for the eagle hitch positioned so high above the transmission. Am I right? Am I missing something? Maybe a later case seat would fit? All comments welcome, and thanks.
My 311 RN had one when I got it. I think they have a universal plate on the bottom, so you might not need an adapter plate. But the seat is a little lower so it blocks access to the rockshaft grease fittings.

My 311 RN had one when I got it. I think they have a universal plate on the bottom, so you might not need an adapter plate. But the seat is a little lower so it blocks access to the rockshaft grease fittings.
Any chance you could post a picture of it? I am curious as to how it sits. Thanks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back