Random tractor pic from Iceland

RedMF40

I took this pic earlier in January along the south coast of Iceland. Unusually sunny but very windy day. Mostly snow and ice in the rest of the country so was grateful for fair weather this day. Don't know the make of the tractor, assuming it's an old Zetor made in Czech republic since they're big in Iceland.
44722.jpg

That's a nice picture. Iceland? Do us a favor? Post pictures of and from Iceland from time to time. I'd really like to see it. Thanks for sharing this one.

Mark

Thanks, will post more pics when i'm in front of my computer. I live in USA but have been going to Iceland for many years and still i discover new things every time i visit :)

My dad was in Iceland a while in WWII. Told some great stories of things he saw and did. He was in army intelligence.
Richard in NW SC

Ja Iceland was whole different animal during your father's time. Still a wild place, but a bit more "discovered" than when I first started visiting years ago.

This is a few days before the other photo with the tractor. That was in the south part of the country. This one is all the way up top at the north end. You get an idea of the loneliness and unforgiving nature of the landscape when you look at this photo of an abandoned sheep farm. I am always amazed that someone chose to live in these places. BTW there is a large, fast-moving stream across the road from this house--a good source of fresh water.
44755.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back