Re: Farmall Super A/100/130/140 Transmission Rebuild - Need

That was fun wasn't it taking those trannys apart for that don't even need that gear unless you are using the pto and early ones didn't even have one

If I remember right, my A, B, and Super A all had the gear teeth sheared off on the oil slinger gear when I rebuilt them. That is not just common to those tractors as I just restored an old Delco light plant
that they used to generate electricity before REA on the farm. This thing was built around the time after WWI. It had a steel oil slinger gear. The teeth were sheared off that gear in one spot I assume for
the same reason that the gear froze in the water in the oil. It starts with the generator becoming a motor so has a lot of torque to shear off the teeth. That gear is critical to lubricating the engine, so
must not have been run much after that happened. Had to get a new gear cut at considerable cost as there are no parts for that thing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back