Re: Gas Tank & Water

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

gene bender

The only way water can get into tank would thru the cap unless you have a varmit around who can add the water you have a serious problem if you took cap off then water poured out that means its under pressure so just how can that happen.

He said a teaspoon full of water came out when he removed the cap.

That is just condensation and/or rain water trapped up under the lip of the cap. It is NOT getting in the tank! That is what the rubber seal is for.

I agree, a "varmint" (two legged variety) is intentionally pouring water in your gas tank. Someone is stealing your gas, and replacing it with water to cover their tracks.

Frankly, I would leave a note: "TAKE THE GAS. DON'T BOTHER WITH THE WATER. I CAN REFILL IT MYSELF. THANKS."

There is NO WAY enough water can get into the tank to cause a problem through those little holes in the cap unless it rains all the time, and you've taped a funnel to the cap facing upwards.

The cap is kinda flat on top where vent holes are at. The old one has a nice rounded crown. I switched back to the old cap for now to see how the issue improves.

This is how I see it; either the cap is letting in too much water, tank seam has a leak, or gas station has water in their gas. Been buying non ethanol gas from same place over a year now, so could be that. I will be checking my supply cans for water from now on.

Pretty sure no one is stealing gas from me. Got to go through a fenced in yard to get to the metal shed where my cans are. The door makes a really loud metal scrape sound followed by a BOOM haha. My two labs and pug wouldn't miss that! Nearest neighbor is half mile up the road. And I never have spare gas on hand.

I do like the note idea. Think I have a fake rubber snake around here somewhere..

They're taking the gas out of the TRACTOR, not from your cans.

There is just NO WAY on God's green earth that any significant water is getting in through the cap, or through some leak in the tank!

If the tank has a leak not only would water get in but gas would also get OUT! The tank would be constantly wet on the outside and the paint would be peeling. It would reek of gasoline.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back