Rear mount sickle mower for Super C w/ mid mount belly mower

ds9292

New User
I have a Super C with a mid mount belly mower which is belt drive off of the rear of the tractor and lifts/lowers using the rotating device on the side of the tractor. The PTO is currently unused and the tractor has a straight drawbar. I would like to add a rear mount sickle mower to this tractor for cutting the edges of the road ditches and want a sickle mower that will go down some below horizontal. This tractor currently does not have the fast hitch option.

Recommendations of a somewhat period correct rear mount sickle mower model, places to look for one to purchase, and mounting type (rigid to axle or 2 point fast hitch style or ??) ? Ideally would like to be able to easily swap between use of the belly mower (belt drive) and sickle mower (pto drive) on the tractor (ideally without having to remove one to use the other). If a fast hitch were added that may allow for quick connection of other attachments such as a blade in place of the sickle mower. Appreciate any help!

This obviously is not Farmall C, but I would bet there are mounting brackets to adapt one to a "C".

It's a 1300 IH mower, it has a wobble box style drive (no pitman arm) and it will mow in any position.

Attachments

• IMG_5987 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_5987 (600 x 450).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 36
I would highly recommend one like the 1300. You can mow a ditch very easily as compared to a pitman style that will not tilt down very far.

IH hade several different models of the balanced head sickle mower. The 1300 is the newest version. 100, 120, 1000, 1200, and I'm sure there are other models. Some are 3pt, some are fast hitch, and some bolt to a u-shaped drawbar and have a caster wheel (called a semi-mount). There are also full trailer mounted mowers.

Balanced head mowers are the only ones that can mow below level as you're looking to do.

Having both a belly mower and a sickle bar mounted at the same time may present some challenges. My thought on your best chance of making it work would be to add a U-shaped drawbar to the tractor and find a semi-mount mower. A fast hitch will interfere with the belly mower mount, not to mention it's another uncommon item that you have to find.

On finding these items, it's not like you can jump on Amazon and order them. You have to look, look, and look some more. Always keep your eyes open because you never know when one will pop up on an auction, or on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, or just sitting by the side of the road.

I have a belly mower on my Farmall C and am considering buying a rear mounted semi-mount mower. The type used on the Farmall H and M. It bolts to the drawbar and has a rear wheel. There would be a few modifications for it to work on the Farmall C.

I have a Super C with a mid mount belly mower which is belt drive off of the rear of the tractor and lifts/lowers using the rotating device on the side of the tractor. The PTO is currently unused and the tractor has a straight drawbar. I would like to add a rear mount sickle mower to this tractor for cutting the edges of the road ditches and want a sickle mower that will go down some below horizontal. This tractor currently does not have the fast hitch option.

Recommendations of a somewhat period correct rear mount sickle mower model, places to look for one to purchase, and mounting type (rigid to axle or 2 point fast hitch style or ??) ? Ideally would like to be able to easily swap between use of the belly mower (belt drive) and sickle mower (pto drive) on the tractor (ideally without having to remove one to use the other). If a fast hitch were added that may allow for quick connection of other attachments such as a blade in place of the sickle mower. Appreciate any help!

YOU CAN MOUNT THE U-SHAPED DRAWBAR from an H then you will have a place to mount the rear sickle mower but just remove the belt from the pulley that runs the belley mower when using sickle mower and reverse remove the pto from sickle when using belley moweer

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back