Remove Manifold?

Luke 8n

New User
I’m installing a head gasket on my Ford 9n, and wire wheeled the deck. Some of the rust and gunk on the deck may of got into the valves when I was cleaning. Would y’all recommend removing the manifold to vacuum out everything better or leave it on?

I’m installing a head gasket on my Ford 9n, and wire wheeled the deck. Some of the rust and gunk on the deck may of got into the valves when I was cleaning. Would y’all recommend removing the manifold to vacuum out everything better or leave it on?
You might blow the manifold out with air but other then that I would not worry about IT

I would say that is a very good time to install a new manifold gasket. You'll probably never have a more convenient time.

Trust me...there may come a time when you will be thinking "Man, I wish I'd replaced that gasket when I had the head off". That gasket may be 70 years old so, how much longer do you think it will last?

Trust me...there may come a time when you will be thinking "Man, I wish I'd replaced that gasket when I had the head off". That gasket may be 70 years old so, how much longer do you think it will last?
........and he will thank you when he twists off a stud in the block, too.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up removing the manifold and blowing all of the crap out. Luckily I didn’t break the studs or anything, so now I’m in the process of putting everything together again.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up removing the manifold and blowing all of the crap out. Luckily I didn’t break the studs or anything, so now I’m in the process of putting everything together again.
Did you have brass nuts on those studs along with washers? That's what belongs there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back