Roosa Master Injection Pump JD 310B Timing Question

AliasRex

New User
Hi Folks,
After borrowing the correct barring tool from a dealer I have rotated the flywheel to where the pin dropped in. The injection pump shaft has it's timing mark (dot) facing up. Can I assume I'm at #1 top dead center or could I be on a different cylinder and 180 degrees out? The pump timing marks align when the pump rotor dot matches the shaft dot.

If the PUMP marks align under the two screw cover with the flywheel pin in place then engine will be at TDC on COMPRESSION stroke The shaft dot does not mean anything other than it's used to align with the ROTOR slot dot inside the pump.

Hi Folks,
After borrowing the correct barring tool from a dealer I have rotated the flywheel to where the pin dropped in. The injection pump shaft has it's timing mark (dot) facing up. Can I assume I'm at #1 top dead center or could I be on a different cylinder and 180 degrees out? The pump timing marks align when the pump rotor dot matches the shaft dot.
You can be 180 degrees out and the pin will drop in. #1 and #4 are at TDC at the same time, but on different strokes and the flywheel pin will drop in. If the pump is still on and the marks are aligned, you should be at #1 TDC.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back