ROUNDUP Weed killer

lenray

I want to spray along my outbuildings----Should I WEED WHIP before spraying or just spray on the growing weeds?????

I want to spray along my outbuildings----Should I WEED WHIP before spraying or just spray on the growing weeds?????
Weed whip ? You mean use a line trimmer to cut plants before spraying ? Wouldn't recommend doing that,
Roundup works best when taken in by an actively growing plant. It's not pouring a poison on an open wound
type of herbicide. Weed whipping can make the plants go to survival mode.

The only time that can help is if the grass that you plan on spraying is mature and growth has slowed. In that case, trimming it can cause new rapid growth which helps the gly work. If the seedheads haven’t matured yet, just go ahead and spray.

Do not trim down the pest weed. Just wet it with a heavy dose of Roundup. For perennial plants, the best control will be achieved when applying Roundup in the Fall when the plant is taking the nasty tonic down into its roots. Bingo. Done deal.

Thistles are all that matter on the fall application. I would add some 24D if I had some brush growing along with the weeds. Do keep in mind that this will kill everything it hits so don't spray anything you want to keep. And if you have an erosion issue along the sides of buildings you might want to just use 24D for the brush and not kill the grass. 24D is a broad leaf chemical so will not kill the grass for any erosion you might wish to prevent.

Weed whip ? You mean use a line trimmer to cut plants before spraying ? Wouldn't recommend doing that,
Roundup works best when taken in by an actively growing plant. It's not pouring a poison on an open wound
type of herbicide. Weed whipping can make the plants go to survival mode.
It works well on tree stumps though! If you spray a stump with 50-50 Glyphosate withing 20 minutes of cutting the tree it will kill the root system. There is a department of agriculture program that will pay a little for doing that to tag-alder.

Yes,,,no,,,,,maybe so,certainly cut weeds before application. If weeds are growing it's best to not cut them. If weeds have matured AND you expect some rain in near future or you can irrigate,cut weeds then waiting until they are putting on new growth,by all means cut them first.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back