side steps on racine 411

r.w.b.

was looking at a 4400 john deere combine and an ihc combine. then a lite bub lit in my feeble mind.
thinking of using 1 of the ladders off 1 of those combines to make a nice right side entry ladder.
any ideas or thoughts? the ladders i was eyeing have wider steps spaced about 15 inches apart. lot easier for us who are aging. several 1/2

threaded holes by clutch rod . was thinking 1/2 x 6 plates to bolt to tractor then some 1/2x 3 strap at bottom plate welded to support bottom and weld ladder to top plate or fabricate a mounting bracket to top plate

I currently have an angle iron bolted on at the cultivator mounting holes since I cannot mount from the rear. The angle is a bit high. I was also contemplating ladder stairs. Please post some pictures when completed so I can copy. I also am not getting any younger or spryer. lol......gobble

(quoted from post at 18:47:46 09/27/23) I currently have an angle iron bolted on at the cultivator mounting holes since I cannot mount from the rear. The angle is a bit high. I was also contemplating ladder stairs. Please post some pictures when completed so I can copy. I also am not getting any younger or spryer. lol......gobble
Step up! This is what your looking for! This worked well on my 411.CHUCK MACHINIST

mvphoto110230.jpg

(quoted from post at 21:07:40 09/27/23)
(quoted from post at 18:47:46 09/27/23) I currently have an angle iron bolted on at the cultivator mounting holes since I cannot mount from the rear. The angle is a bit high. I was also contemplating ladder stairs. Please post some pictures when completed so I can copy. I also am not getting any younger or spryer. lol......gobble
Step up! This is what your looking for! This worked well on my 411.CHUCK MACHINIST

mvphoto110230.jpg

Oh by the way Tom. I should be hearing something about the SC Mag Kevin is rebuilding for you.CM

its brewing in my mind chuck machininst work looks good but i like a step set like some combines use and build a railing to assist us who are fortunate nuff to grow older. i still work part time on a neighbors farm. they got a 4440 jd and a 4240 jd with jd updated ladder so to say and i really like them 2 best for entry. thinking of trying to build close to that design. the hand rail is a huge plus too.
20 years ago id laughed at this idea. humm not today. it might take me most of winter tomturkey but hang in there. i can get up n down but with careful moves anymore. i got a set of old steps i park up to .cut wheels sharp back n turn n position by clutch area. easy to get off n on that way . thats when the bug hit me to build em

Would the two front steps from a 930 Comfort King bolt on? That would not be nearly as handy as the combine ladder, but might work for a younger person.

an idea from my 800 Case. may not be what you're looking for but an idea anyway.

i didn't like climbing over the eagle hitch on the back of my 800 so i took the floor boards from the junker 800 and mounted them backwards as steps on each side below the regular floor boards (see picture). i bit of a stretch to get up but not as bad as trying to get to the main floor boards from the ground. I was going to put another step below that but never got around to it. I also had a set of hand grabs from a 930 mounted to the square fenders to help get up.

since they are fairly long (longer than needed for a step) they made it handy to stand on them to put gas in as there was more room at one level.

cvphoto164449.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back