Signs of the times 2/25

Steve in VA

Started in 1896 and stopping in 1980s these were used by merchants. The merchants determine the exchange rate. My mother got them mostly at the grocery store as I recall. My sister and I liked to paste them into the booklets.
1000003396.jpg

Top Value stamps were more common where I'm from. Great memories of searching through the catalog figuring how to spend our books.

There were Gold Bond stamps here. I don't remember where you redeemed them though. The Carl May Texico station had S&H green stamps. They also gave them out when they delivered farm gas too. I remember the little store in town next to Montgomery Wards where you redeemed them. It was so bright with mirrors, glass chandeliers and bright lights.

My Dad helped Mr. May tear the station down. It was a small office and 1 bay shop built out of cement blocks. Dad wanted the rubble for fill in a couple tile washouts. I have the original sign and a small Texaco sign that was right above the office door. I remember he had candy and candy bars for sale. He gave out Toosie rolls. He tossed one to the dogs chained near the gas barrels when he drove up, and another one as he left. He stopped by the house to give Mom the receipt and the stamps, he always had 3 Tootsie Rolls for us 3 little boys, whether we were fight there, or not....James

My S&H green stamp sign looks like this

There were Gold Bond stamps here. I don't remember where you redeemed them though. The Carl May Texico station had S&H green stamps. They also gave them out when they delivered farm gas too. I remember the little store in town next to Montgomery Wards where you redeemed them. It was so bright with mirrors, glass chandeliers and bright lights.

My Dad helped Mr. May tear the station down. It was a small office and 1 bay shop built out of cement blocks. Dad wanted the rubble for fill in a couple tile washouts. I have the original sign and a small Texaco sign that was right above the office door. I remember he had candy and candy bars for sale. He gave out Toosie rolls. He tossed one to the dogs chained near the gas barrels when he drove up, and another one as he left. He stopped by the house to give Mom the receipt and the stamps, he always had 3 Tootsie Rolls for us 3 little boys, whether we were fight there, or not....James

My S&H green stamp sign looks like this

That is tremendous.

Started in 1896 and stopping in 1980s these were used by merchants. The merchants determine the exchange rate. My mother got them mostly at the grocery store as I recall. My sister and I liked to paste them into the booklets.View attachment 6930

Started in 1896 and stopping in 1980s these were used by merchants. The merchants determine the exchange rate. My mother got them mostly at the grocery store as I recall. My sister and I liked to paste them into the booklets.View attachment 6930
I can still remember the taste of the glue to paste them in the books.

Here I've been worried about not seeing yours and Majorman's daily posts. A new forum away from the now Facebook forum is a good idea. Glad I found it!

My Mom saved the S & H green stamps and the Holden red stamps. Got a few premiums from them.
There was a time Coke ran a promo where you glued bottle tops to a sheet and redeemed them for things ranging from little plastic helmets to footballs.
My buddy and I taped a magnet to a coat hanger and went through all the vending machines we could find. We made a killing turning in full sheets.

Cooper Feed in Cozad Ne printed a certificate for 20 S&H Green stamps on every 50# bag of feed. You cut them off as you unloaded the bag.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back