Silo for Saturday

db4600

IMG_6706.jpeg

I should have had these colors for last Saturday.

The old Grave Farm. A stones throw from Ma’s home place with plenty of stone. Two bachelor brothers framed here. They were partial to MM Equipment and in the late 70s when they needed new horse power they visited Lake Henry Implement and placed an order for a new WFE 2-105. The terms were C.O.D. Mr. Freiler at LHI was not sure of their disheveled appearance and knowing Pa was from the area asked about their forditude. Pa assured Mr. Freiler the Grave boys were in good standing.
During a subsequent visit to LHI for Mr. Freiler reported to Pa that the tractor was loaded for delivery and the driver given instructions for C.O.D. upon arrival. The driver reported that he was met by the brothers and while one reviewed the tractor the other disappeared to shortly return with C upon D and was sent back with a hand full of green bills.

View attachment 63892

The old Grave Farm. A stones throw from Ma’s home place with plenty of stone. Two bachelor brothers framed here. They were partial to MM Equipment and in the late 70s when they needed new horse power they visited Lake Henry Implement and placed an order for a new WFE 2-105. The terms were C.O.D. Mr. Freiler at LHI was not sure of their disheveled appearance and knowing Pa was from the area asked about their forditude. Pa assured Mr. Freiler the Grave boys were in good standing.
During a subsequent visit to LHI for Mr. Freiler reported to Pa that the tractor was loaded for delivery and the driver given instructions for C.O.D. upon arrival. The driver reported that he was met by the brothers and while one reviewed the tractor the other disappeared to shortly return with C upon D and was sent back with a hand full of green bills.
Oh how I wish more of those barns were around. They are wonderful. It breaks my heart every time I see one falling down. Thank you.

View attachment 63892

db4600,

Oh, what a beautiful old barn and silo!
Thanks for sharing the pic - love the stories that go with your photos!

This is just me... but I will say that I'd have to have painted the cupolas as a matched pair. 😁

View attachment 63892

Probably took about 250 green bills. Right?

db4600,

Oh, what a beautiful old barn and silo!
Thanks for sharing the pic - love the stories that go with your photos!

This is just me... but I will say that I'd have to have painted the cupolas as a matched pair. 😁
Yes, there is something that strikes the eye with those reversed paint schemes. Like a discordant note.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back