Simms injector pump question

Simms CAV Minimec injector pump on Case/David Brown 1690

I did some cleaning on the injector pump and noticed some puddling of diesel on the third injector "feed". I have looked at parts diagrams but they do not go inside the pump so I don't know what the parts are called.

It's not the line, it is where the line connects and tightens to the top of the pump. They are not meant to have a wrench or socket, unless it is special made, to be used on them.

I found a video on utuber where a fellow had removed the top plate to expose the springs that are under them, when taking the top off all six of the "feeds" stay with that top part.

My question is what seals those? Is there an oring in there? Do they unscrew? Can I tighten it or try? It puddles around it gently as the engine is running and is the only one doing it. That one has also had a new line put on by a previous owner for some reason.

Does anybody know where to find an exploded view of this pump.
thanks
KIMG1132 (1).JPG

There's a special fine splined socket to remove/replace those delivery valve holders. The newer pumps use a steel top sealing washer and an O ring BETWEEN the bottom of the delivery valve and the top of the plunger barrel. When any start to leak it's USUALLY time for the pump to be torn down and gone through anyway to inspect cam bearings and replace the governor weight assembly. The governor has skate wheels that wear on a steel back plate, wearing divots into the plate by the skate wheels, that also get flat spots keeping them from rolling when worn. Ford Simms pumps have the same issues on the older pumps.

Your best to take it to a shop that rebuilds pumps. Dieseltech rebuilds them and has all the special tools. When you remove from tractor you have to know how to keep it in time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back