Single disc 8300

Tyler2240

New User
I found a 8300 single disc on auction. Will it be able to plant alfalfa and wheat ok? We till our ground black so we don't have to worry about it plugging up.

JD dealer where I was employed when model 8300 drills were sold had more drills delivered with single disk vs double disk. If single disc scrapers are good then trash if present shouldn't be a problem either.

I have an 8350 single-disc which is basically identical to an 8300 but with part of the box used for fertilizer. Like Jim said, these drills work good even if there's some trash on the ground. These drills were available with fluted feed and double run meters - mine is the double run. Both styles would be fine for what you're asking about. In addition to the meter style the 8000 drills were available with various row spacings and numerous options so make sure you find out exactly what you're looking at.

They will plant wheat very good, need the small seed box to plant alfalfa unless planted mixed with oats, grass or something. We ran double disk here for winter wheat and other small grains. "grass seed" box for alfalfa and red clover....James

They will plant wheat very good, need the small seed box to plant alfalfa unless planted mixed with oats, grass or something. We ran double disk here for winter wheat and other small grains. "grass seed" box for alfalfa and red clover....James
I've heard that recommendation a couple of times recently. Does this actually work? I'd think the small seed would settle to the bottom as you bounce across the field.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back