single front wheel Farmall questions

buzzinduzzin

Several years ago I got a used single front wheel assy. for my Farmall 350 trike. Just now getting around to working on it but have decided to install on Farmall 460 trike. LO & behold the 460 has a different bolt pattern that appears to be same as on my 450 Farmall & uses 5/8 " cap screws instead of 1/2 ' bolt & nuts . The axle & hub are wore pretty good so will need to spend money to repair . Question : does the single front wheel assy for a 400/450/460 use the same axle & hub ( 9.00-10 tire ) that my current assy ( 300/350 ) uses ? if so I will try to locate just the wishbone for the bigger tractors & rebuild the axle/ hub that I currently have on hand
TIA

I think you need an H or 300 narrow front to fit your tractor. The 400, 450 hubs have bigger bearings. A 460 had a more modern small bolt circle hub with 6 bolts.

I do a poor job of explaining stuff ! The axle/hub assy on the single front option is odd & unique . There are essentially two sub assemblies : 1 the axle /hub & 2 the fork (wishbone )

Just looking at the Parts Catalogs, you have different part numbers all over the place. I doubt that you can mix and match between the different models. You will need an entire assembly that matches your bolt pattern.

I do a poor job of explaining stuff ! The axle/hub assy on the single front option is odd & unique . There are essentially two sub assemblies : 1 the axle /hub & 2 the fork (wishbone )
H 300 350 bolt pattern is not compatible with a 460. the 460 is a 560 front bolster, different it is. Jim

Just looking at the Parts Catalogs, you have different part numbers all over the place. I doubt that you can mix and match between the different models. You will need an entire assembly that matches your bolt pattern.
I put a single front wheel assembly on 560 that came off of a SMTA so guessing an M or SM would work.

M is bigger/heavier in all ways than an H/300/350. So you need the complete assembly. However IH used the same bolt pattern from M to 1256. Single/tricycle/wide are all interchangeable on those tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back