Spring Planting 91

rusty6

Although I hardly consider it a vintage tractor, this 2390 would be over 40 years old now. This photo of mine from 1991 shows mine hitched up to the dual hitch of M11 Morris Seed Rites. Basically a hoe drill with rod weeder attachment. Heavy pulling when the boxes are loaded up with seed and fertilizer but the 2390 handled it fine most of the time. Its a good sharp image and made a decent jigsaw puzzle. 10:29 minutes for me.

cvphoto167491.jpg

Seed Rites and 2390

Ralph I did it in 9:50, LOL. I like your puzzle pictures because they are usually bright so the pieces are easier to pick out and they usually have good contrast lines which helps to locate where the pieces go. Thanks!

(quoted from post at 05:43:23 11/26/23) Looks good, We never had a good Case dealer so there were very few in my area. Tom
Thanks Tom. We were lucky to have a good Case dealer just 20 minutes away. My brother ended up working there for 30 years as a mechanic so naturally I gravitated towards Case and we still run a few of them.

The guy I worked for as a teen had one. That was cool driving that as a kid. He farmed a half mile from the case dealer. He also had a 1390 and 1490 and older ones too of course. Bill

Nice outfit Rusty. When I bought my 2290 new at Dysart in early 1980 they had a new 2390 sitting beside it. My dad said "that's the tractor you should buy," but it was $10,000 more and he wasn't offering to throw in on the deal! :(

mvphoto111884.jpg

This post was edited by Jim in Sask on 11/26/2023 at 08:42 am.

(quoted from post at 09:26:59 11/26/23) Nice outfit Rusty. When I bought my 2290 new at Dysart in early 1980 they had a new 2390 sitting beside it. My dad said "that's the tractor you should buy," but it was $10,000 more and he wasn't offering to throw in on the deal!
Hi Jim. Your dad was probably right but an extra ten thousand was a lot back in 1980. I bet my brother did the pre-delivery on your 2290. I traded the 2390 on my 7130 Magnum in 96.
mvphoto111886.jpg

Yes it's possible your brother did the pdi. I don't remember meeting him but I got to know the father and sons that owned the dealership as well as one of the partsmen who later worked at my current dealer for many years.

A while after I bought the tractor it was recalled for an update on the rear end so he might have worked on it again.

(quoted from post at 11:18:35 11/26/23) Yes it's possible your brother did the pdi. I don't remember meeting him but I got to know the father and sons that owned the dealership as well as one of the partsmen who later worked at my current dealer for many years.

A while after I bought the tractor it was recalled for an update on the rear end so he might have worked on it again.

Gary H.? Yes, one of the best parts guys ever. He recently retired. And yes there was a final drive update on those 90 series as I remember taking my 2090 in for it.

(quoted from post at 12:37:37 11/26/23)
(quoted from post at 11:18:35 11/26/23) Yes it's possible your brother did the pdi. I don't remember meeting him but I got to know the father and sons that owned the dealership as well as one of the partsmen who later worked at my current dealer for many years.

Gary H.? Yes, one of the best parts guys ever. He recently retired. And yes there was a final drive update on those 90 series as I remember taking my 2090 in for it.

Yes, Gary - very friendly and knowledgeable. Hate to see guys like him retire but time stops for no one I guess.

LG7BUVb.jpg

I recently bought this 2390 from the grand nephew of the original owner.

It was bought new in Killarney, MB and has 3047 actual hours.

It is running in photo, back in October, for the first time in a dozen or more years.

(quoted from post at 14:27:44 11/26/23)
LG7BUVb.jpg

I recently bought this 2390 from the grand nephew of the original owner.

It was bought new in Killarney, MB and has 3047 actual hours.

It is running in photo, back in October, for the first time in a dozen or more years.

That is a quite a prize to find a low hour 2390 looking that good.

I don't normally do these puzzles. I started this one, then got called away for another task. When I remembered and went back and finished it the timer was at 18:20:54 !!!!!! That's probably a record.

So I learned that the puzzle timer doesn't stop for a minimized screen.

(quoted from post at 15:28:36 11/27/23) I don't normally do these puzzles. I started this one, then got called away for another task. When I remembered and went back and finished it the timer was at 18:20:54 !!!!!! That's probably a record.

So I learned that the puzzle timer doesn't stop for a minimized screen.

Yes as they say Ron, time and chance wait for no man. :) But no pressure. They are just for enjoyment.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back