Stuck clutch

Which of the double clutches is stuck, the pto clutch or the transmission clutch? If its the transmission clutch, have you tried to break it free if driveable by stomping on the brakes repeatedly while driving it? If it's not driveable, a split for a new clutch is in your future.

I have strapped the clutch pedal down with a bungee cord. Get on and drive it. Went thru a little dip in the pasture and mine came loose.
Apply brake while driving might break it loose.

The higher the gear that you can safely do the jab the brakes thing, the better. I tried for weeks around the barn in first No luck. Got out on an open road Got it up in high gear, pushed in clutch and just touched the brakes, and the clutch came free. Good luck.

The hitting brakes trick works. You can clamp the clutch pedal down and just let it be also. The pressure may pop it loose fairly quick or in a day or two. Sometimes they are just stuck, period.

My 3400 had set outside for 7 years when I got it with stuck clutch. Wired pedal down and let tractor run about 1/3 throttle for 2hrs and the heat broke it loose.

I bought a new clutch complete assy a few years ago. It came with a 1981 6600. It was so bad that stomping on brakes and debarking trees never would break it loose. The split was tough too cuz the splines were so badly rusted it didn't want to pull apart. It was a pain but eventually it got done. See the pics below
mvphoto102521.jpg

mvphoto102522.jpg

mvphoto102526.jpg

mvphoto102527.jpg

This post was edited by nashranch on 02/15/2023 at 09:30 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back