SUPER M with 350 V8 chevrolet engine

Yeah it is like the title says. Fella brought it to me and asked if it is possible to put a speed governor on it. My first thought was a belt driven apparatus from an old New Idea Uni Harvester. While doing some searching, I came across an EEG6500 Enhanced Electronic Governor from Governors America Corp. Anyone tried something like the belt or the electronic versions? Just a show tractor maybe some rides if it had a throttle that I do not have to run like a car up and down hills.

I have not done the application that you are but I have used Governors of America products with great success on diesel generators and have used their controls to upfit stationary diesel fire pumps from mechanical two speed switches to electronic control. One thing to be aware of is you will need a magnetic pickup to read off the flywheel teeth as an input to the control to read RPM. We have found their technical support department to be really good, they can probably assist with getting you the correct control for your application.

Yeah it is like the title says. Fella brought it to me and asked if it is possible to put a speed governor on it. My first thought was a belt driven apparatus from an old New Idea Uni Harvester. While doing some searching, I came across an EEG6500 Enhanced Electronic Governor from Governors America Corp. Anyone tried something like the belt or the electronic versions? Just a show tractor maybe some rides if it had a throttle that I do not have to run like a car up and down hills.
Personally I'd go with a mechanical, belt-driven Pierce or Hoof governor. They were pretty much "standard" of Ford N series tractor Funk conversions. They were commonly used on Jeep-powered welders, Empire tractors, etc. Even the ski lift where I skied I was a kid had a Chrysler hemi power unit with Pierce belt governor - it worked great.

I would get a belt driven governor off them old versatile 400 and 4400 swishers. They had the small 6 cyl. Ford engine. I even have a spare here.

If it happens to be a two barrel, you can use a velocity governor under the carb that doesn’t need to hook to anything. Not real sensitive for field work, but good enough for parade tractor .

If it happens to be a two barrel, you can use a velocity governor under the carb that doesn’t need to hook to anything. Not real sensitive for field work, but good enough for parade tractor .
Don't bother!

A velocity governor (King-Seeley, etc) bolted under the carburetor is simple RPM limiter. Ie. it won't regulate speed below its max RPM setpoint.

Gas powered chevy 2 tons used to use governors. Some old truck mech on here should know about those. gm

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back