Tach cable lube

2SteveWI

Replacing the tach cable on my 2-105 4wd. This is the style with the plastic tab on the back of the tach head. Lots of replacement tach cables for the threaded nuts on both ends. My housing appears to be in good shape. My question is what everyone uses for tach cable lube that won't gum up in Central WI winters. Made up several tach and speedo cables for trucks in the 80's. Remember a yellowish cable lube that was in a big toothpaste tube. Thanks, Steve.

When our tach was bouncing we used ATF (not A or F) to lube it. Just added it to cable at the dash and let gravity work. Put in about a table spoon worth a little at a time so it could soak in.

I got turned onto Dri-Slide products about 25 years ago for my motorcycle cables, but they have a wide assorment of products for many industries. Most of it is not cheap, but it's great stuff, excellent for colder temps as well.

Bought a generic replacement cable from Dorman through Amazon. Have it cut to length now and may use graphite lube or white lithium that I have on hand. Thanks for the suggestions. Steve.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back